Two day trip = two new videos

Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Two day trip = two new videos

Post by Prof. Salt »

Tod and I took our friends from Australia Martyn (owner of Berleypro) and his gal Kimmi out for some Texas fishing. The seas were very friendly for us, and we caught kings, triggers, sheephead, a bunch of nice snapper. It was a great trip!

Here's day 1

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWkYSM3720E&t=285s[/youtube]

And here's day 2

kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Two day trip = two new videos

Post by kickingback »

:clap: Awesome second day Glenn! You didn't even get wet through the breakers! Again more huge kings. Is this your best year so far? It sure looks like it based on what I have seen! :clap:
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

For six years I couldn't better that 54.25" mark. This year has included 57, 56 and 57.5 inch fish. If I can only find the one that chewed the wire last year I could hang it up and move on to stamp collecting.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

:lol: ooo, sounds like so much more fun... :lol:
Heatstroke

Post by Heatstroke »

Awesome stuff!!! I may just cancel my trip down there cause all the fish have sore lips... Nice to see you have audio back.
jnd1959

Post by jnd1959 »

Congrats on some serious fish.

I took your reference to the location based on the beach and open gulf as a personal challenge. I used recorded radar to match the cloud formation behind you to time and direction. Then, with a screen shot of that cloud formation, corrected for camera distortion and sunlight diffusion, I calculated its azimuth relative to the camera. From there it was a simple step to determine the distance you were from the clouds. Correcting for potential errors in measurement, I believe you were somewhere between Cancun Mexico and Destin Florida. Since I didn't see any Mexican boarder police, Mexico is ruled out for the time being. I'm getting closer. Any day now.

Based on the last few videos, it appears most of the hits are on artificial baits.

If I've posted this all before, my bad. I don't remember as well as I used to.
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

The best thing about kings is that they aren't specific to one location. If I'm finding them at one spot then they are at others too. Snapper on the other hand are very specific to structures, and once they go public, the spot gets over fished and no longer holds good fish. Keep looking for the snapper spots, but I'm bound to secrecy :D
Killerbee

Post by Killerbee »

Nice videos Prof. Really enjoyed them.
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Did they hook up with the Cobia?
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

The cobia came up on the heels of my kingfish, raced around for a few seconds and disappeared. I tied on a new ribbon and searched for a while with no luck. Even the other guys paddled around that area trying to arrange a meeting with our brown friend, but once he went back down we couldn't find him again.