July 13 beach camping

rattlesnake68

July 13 beach camping

Post by rattlesnake68 »

Hello all. Weather permitting Alexis (daughter) and I will be rolling in on the 13th west of Bob Hall Pier with my grey Hobie TI for the great kayak gathering of 2018. Hopefully we will arrive in time to do a little evening fishing Friday before setting up for the night. I was just wondering if anyone else had planned on camping over there? I know my daughter would like to see some other ladies out there representing. Surely Alexis and Karen aren't the only two ladies that know how to BTB fish. Lol. We can hardly wait to get down there, swing by and say hi.
cowtown_cobra

Re: RE: July 13 beach camping

Post by cowtown_cobra »

rattlesnake68 wrote:Hello all. Weather permitting Alexis (daughter) and I will be rolling in on the 13th west of Bob Hall Pier with my grey Hobie TI for the great kayak gathering of 2018. Hopefully we will arrive in time to do a little evening fishing Friday before setting up for the night. I was just wondering if anyone else had planned on camping over there? I know my daughter would like to see some other ladies out there representing. Surely Alexis and Karen aren't the only two ladies that know how to BTB fish. Lol. We can hardly wait to get down there, swing by and say hi.
No plans so far , will be watching weather and if nothing "important" comes up Ill try to make the trip from DFW. Been needing am excuse to btb

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
jnd1959

Re: July 13 beach camping

Post by jnd1959 »

Son and I will be down Friday morning sometime If all is a go. We will be there until Tuesday. Right now ms has Fri not so good but seems to be improving. Still way early. We've missed the gathering every year for the last four and battled the 3 footers on the originally planned date. We're staying flexible this year. As long as it is the 14 or 21 we are good. We plan to run some baits out in the evening. Like to get the young'un on a decent shark. Daughter is more of a bay fisher and this year bow hunting.
So her trip is later in the year.
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

I will arrive sometime Friday during the later half of the day. My plans are to fish Saturday and Sunday with a possibility of Monday as well (all weather/conditions pending of course). See you guys out there.
sanantonioyak

Post by sanantonioyak »

I'm planning to camp on the beach, Friday & Saturday night. I may come down from SA early on Friday and go out to the MP rigs if I can get a few yackers to go out with me. Meet at Mile maker 80 at 6:00 launch at 6:30. Anybody interested ? I have a island adventure and would like to fish on Friday. Terry
rattlesnake68

Post by rattlesnake68 »

I just checked the surf and wind forecast. Unless the Earth tilts on it's axis and the surf gets crazy, Alexis and I will be there Friday evening after a ten hour drive. Surf forecast just keeps getting better and I personally want some wind since we will be cruising on a Hobie TI. Less work on this old man.
Wanna_Be_Yaker

Post by Wanna_Be_Yaker »

me and a buddy will be camping on mustang island in front of the rigs and may drive down for the big meetup see ya out there maybe.
AHP

Post by AHP »

I think they postponed the event to next weekend the 21th. FYI if you didn't see it.