BTB Galveston Thursday morning - anyone want to go?

Darkarcher159

BTB Galveston Thursday morning - anyone want to go?

Post by Darkarcher159 »

Planning on hitting Galveston Beach, probably by the state park, early Thursday morning. Anyone want to join me? This will be my 1st time BTB in a yak. Looking for some big bull reds....hopefully!!!
Yakety_Yak

Re: BTB Galveston Thursday morning - anyone want to go?

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Darkarcher159..... if this is your first time to go offshore (BTB), I would not recommend doing it. Wait until others post up and there is a larger group going. Safety is in numbers. There are so many unknown variables that can't be accounted for. If this happens, you will have no help as you will be fishing by yourself.

Also, even though you are going after bull reds, the odds are this time of year is that you will catch more sharks than bull reds. That is an entirely different situation which can lead to a whole new set of safety issues.

People are posting trips on here of which I think that would be a better and safer option for you. I wish you well on your first outing. If you have any questions, feel free to post on here or you can hit me up. I'm usually able to take calls and I am always happy to answer questions. 832-588-7091
MontleyYak

Post by MontleyYak »

If you are looking to go BTB, I’m looking for people to go with to Mustang-Padre Island soon once the conditions get better.
Karyuu

Post by Karyuu »

MontleyYak wrote:If you are looking to go BTB, I’m looking for people to go with to Mustang-Padre Island soon once the conditions get better.
I am down, I got secret coordinates of the Mayan princess rigs on mustang island. :)
MontleyYak

Post by MontleyYak »

Shhh! That’s a secret spot! :D Since I fish mostly in Galveston, it will be a trip for me and I will definitely let you know. I’m ready ...just waiting for that window !!