Dauphin island

Fishtolive

Dauphin island

Post by Fishtolive »

Has anyone ever BTB at Dauphin Island in Alabama?
Any info or input are deeply appreciated.
bigfost
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Dauphin island

Post by bigfost »

I've been going to DI for over 30 years. What would you like to know?
Fishtolive

Post by Fishtolive »

Saw on Google that the island can access to an area called Fish Haven. And there are a number of rigs located in a paddle distance.
I like to know the water clarity of the area and what is the depth around the nearest rigs?
Any info are deeply appreciated
bigfost
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by bigfost »

Never heard the term Fish Haven. There are numerous rigs within sight of the beach. As to their distance and water depth, a nautical chart will tell you everything you need to know. Paddle distance is a relative thing, but I'd guess the nearest rig is at least 4 to 5 miles out.

Water clarity, just like here, is day to day. Emerald green one day, offcolor the next, depending on weather. GENERALLY, the water is much better there than along the upper TX coast.

I've never kayak fished DI. I just go to chill out and maybe do some surf fishing. It's a great place for that. I'll be there again for a week in September.
fishinmachine

oresRe: Dauphin island

Post by fishinmachine »

There are platforms in the Gulf within a couple of miles of the beach on the east side of the Mobile Bay mouth, as well as the Dixey bar extending due south from the point at Fort Morgan. I have not been to the Dauphin Island side of the coast. The state of Alabama has done an exceptional job of installing thousands of fish-aggregating structures along its limited coastline, but most are out of reach of kayakers. One notable exception is a set of structures near Gulf Shores that are dispersed over an area within 2 miles of the sand, if my memory is correct.

Maybe this will help get you started:
http://www.outdooralabama.com/artificia ... -reef-zone
Boomy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Boomy »

"Fish haven" is a listing I've seen on Naviotics and such nautical maps. So far my experience hasn't led me to believe them......

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
bigfost
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by bigfost »

I get it. "Fish haven" is just a generic term for anything that might attract fish.

The problem with that is, depending on how long ago the last survey was made, the structure might not be there anymore.
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

"Fish Haven"..... don't take that away from us. That really means there are more quality fish there than you know what to do with! :lol:
Boomy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: RE: Re: Dauphin island

Post by Boomy »

0U812 wrote:
Boomy wrote:"Fish haven" is a listing I've seen on Naviotics and such nautical maps. So far my experience hasn't led me to believe them......

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Boomy, saw you north of Conroe monday in your old truck. I had the F Trump on my back glass. Was that a thumbs up or a different digit? Image
It was indecision. I was trying to figure out why some guy with F-Trump sign would completely slow down and keep looking back at me? WTH? So either it was a TKF person who recognized the rig or someone who could feel the Tea Party conservative as he passed :)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Boomy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Boomy »

Guess my first reaction would have been the right one...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
bigfost
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by bigfost »

Hmmm. I'm surprised a Hillary fanboy has big enough cajones to kayak fish. MAGA

Keep saluting them Boomy. LOL
bigfost
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by bigfost »

I knew it wouldn't take much to trigger the liberal fanboy. Being triggered is what they do best. LOL

Y'all are too easy.

As far as our fishing ability, you obviously don't know me. Ask anyone who's been around a while. You might be surprised. I'll put my record up against yours any day.

BTW, I'm a fisherman. I consider the goal to be fish caught, not miles paddling.
LOOKN4REDS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by LOOKN4REDS »

FUTILITY - noun fu•til•i•ty definition-going rod to rod with BIG FOST. Nope don't go there stay in your lane.
fishinmachine

Post by fishinmachine »

BOREDOM - noun bore*dom; definition: weary or restless mental state, frequently contributing to degradation of reasoned angling discussion.
bigfost
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by bigfost »

fishinmachine wrote:BOREDOM - noun bore*dom; definition: weary or restless mental state, frequently contributing to degradation of reasoned angling discussion.
Good contribution, I love it. LOL
bigfost
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by bigfost »

Let me guess, you're a troller, because that's what your internet specially is. Time to disappear back into the ether from which you came.

Funny nobody knows you, or has even heard of you. You must have been fishing solo since '69.

Bye, bye now. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

Being a lawyer, I like to try and use evidence to assist everyone in deciding credibility of posters. See below for all the evidence I feel I need to decide whose side to take in this scrap:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (36.49 KiB) Viewed 3485 times
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (37.68 KiB) Viewed 3485 times
IrishSharker

Post by IrishSharker »

shoffer wrote:Being a lawyer, I like to try and use evidence to assist everyone in deciding credibility of posters. See below for all the evidence I feel I need to decide whose side to take in this scrap:
Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG
Hmmm over 3,000 post...nope...don’t trust it, gotta be hiding something bigfost. Sucks this is the most exciting thing on here in the last month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk