Fishing Report....

Endo

Fishing Report....

Post by Endo »

Just because its been so dead around here lately, hoping the warm weather will kick off some BTB chatter.

Fished off PINS on Friday. Surf low, but it was pretty choppy out there. One of those days where the surf is tame, but offshore its a bit of a washing machine. Nothing to cause issues, just a little "fun".

Water Temp around 74 deg. Trolled crank baits and ribbon fish. Caught everything off crankbait that day. Sometimes its like that.

Kings are definitely here. Caught 4 kings, huge jack, limit of snapper, and a bunch of triggers.

My plan was to fish BTB on Sat also, but decided to fish the bay for redfish instead. Kind of regret it, seeing how it looked Sat might have been better conditions than the previous, but the choice was made.

Caught a bunch of reds, the shallow water sight casting was great. Lots of slot reds to be had, so brought back a limit of those to add to the freezer haul.

The weather was terrific for camping. Low wind, humidity, and warm days, cool nights. Perfect. Don't get many of those windows in our windy springs.

Good to get out offshore for the first time this year.

Hope others did well.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Fishing Report....

Post by kickingback »

Awesome report! Glad you found a bunch of everything! Thanks for sharing!
Karyuu

Post by Karyuu »

Caught 3 kings and 3 snapper. All kings were caught trolling menhaden.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Karyuu wrote:Caught 3 kings and 3 snapper. All kings were caught trolling menhaden.
That's must be the secret as I was trolling ribbons all day last week when I went with no bites. Gonna try that now! Thanks!