((((((((((BOB HALL PIER - BTB, JULY 21, 2018 SATURDAY)))))))))) *****UPDATES at top of thread*****

Yakety_Yak

Re: ((((((((((BOB HALL PIER - BTB, JULY 14, 2018 SATURDAY)))))))))) *****UPDATES at top of thread*****

Post by Yakety_Yak »

rsdroid wrote:
Yakety_Yak wrote:rsdroid...... I’d be happy to discuss with you. Give me a call after 10:30 am and let’s discuss. There is much to talk about but I’ll be driving most of the day so talking over the phone hands free will be easier and safer for me. 832-588-7091
That would be super helpful, thank you! I'll give you a call probably around 11. 830 area code.

Great talking with you the other day. I hope the information I have provided is helpful. :)
jnd1959

Re: ((((((((((BOB HALL PIER - BTB, JULY 14, 2018 SATURDAY)))))))))) *****UPDATES at top of thread*****

Post by jnd1959 »

TX-Kayaker wrote:
jnd1959 wrote:We are already here
Are y'all going from Bob Hall, or Mayan Princess?
Sorry TX-Kayaker. I didn't see the post until i got back. Were you in the white Viking on Saturday? If so I saw you at the pipe but it looked busy so we drifted back towards shore rather than circle the platform.
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Hey guys, I just wanted to let everyone know that there is a bait shop that has ribbons in Corpus. Their hours of operation are 5:30 am - Midnight, Mon-Sat. I forgot what they said their hours are on Sunday. I put the details in my thread where the bait shops are at, at the bottom. The bait shop is called Cos Way Bait & Tackle. This should help you guys that are arriving late in the evening being that they are open until midnight or if you are coming up early and need a bait store that is open early, those guys have earlier hours than some of the other shops. :)
Getz-Some55

Re: ((((((((((BOB HALL PIER - BTB, JULY 21, 2018 SATURDAY)))))))))) *****UPDATES at top of thread*****

Post by Getz-Some55 »

How'd it go? Wasn't able to make the re-scheduled date and haven't seen a separate thread.
Brucell

Re: ((((((((((BOB HALL PIER - BTB, JULY 21, 2018 SATURDAY)))))))))) *****UPDATES at top of thread*****

Post by Brucell »

Getz-Some55 wrote:How'd it go? Wasn't able to make the re-scheduled date and haven't seen a separate thread.
Lots of Kayaks, a lot of people catching fish. Water wasn't the best color, maybe that was for the best?

Blake, can you give us a summary?
AyJay
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by AyJay »

I got only one bite, but it was a double hookup that resulted in one 39” king landed. I saw many caught. There were a couple of brief intense periods with several fish in short order for the group, but mostly it was steady slow fishing. No sharks or jacks or anything but kings and a few big smacks and one ornery stingray someone hooked off the rig.

I’d say it was 2-3 feet with an occasional set of near 4’s. Wind was going some mid morning but slacked off a lot mid-day. Water was a bit offcolor and murky well out from shore. I was a late arrival and hit the water 9am. Had no trouble punching through the surf, but there were some breakers at the third bar you had to time going out and coming in.

I’d say there were as many as 25 on the water at one point.

Was told lots of people did yard sales coming in but it didn’t seem that bad to me. I waited for a break of smaller waves and never had a problem coming in. Beach was packed by the time I loaded up around 2:30pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AyJay
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by AyJay »

Also, the water seemed a bit unusually cool. It was very referencing when I took a swim after I landed.

TX-Kayaker

Post by TX-Kayaker »

[/img][/img]
jnd1959 wrote:
TX-Kayaker wrote:
jnd1959 wrote:We are already here
Are y'all going from Bob Hall, or Mayan Princess?
Sorry TX-Kayaker. I didn't see the post until i got back. Were you in the white Viking on Saturday? If so I saw you at the pipe but it looked busy so we drifted back towards shore rather than circle the platform.
No problem. I ended up going to the Mayan rigs. One king and one small shark, otherwise pretty slow.
Attachments
IMG_20180714_105224094_HDR.jpg
Brucell

Post by Brucell »

AyJay wrote:I got only one bite, but it was a double hookup that resulted in one 39” king landed. I saw many caught. There were a couple of brief intense periods with several fish in short order for the group, but mostly it was steady slow fishing. No sharks or jacks or anything but kings and a few big smacks and one ornery stingray someone hooked off the rig.

I’d say it was 2-3 feet with an occasional set of near 4’s. Wind was going some mid morning but slacked off a lot mid-day. Water was a bit offcolor and murky well out from shore. I was a late arrival and hit the water 9am. Had no trouble punching through the surf, but there were some breakers at the third bar you had to time going out and coming in.

I’d say there were as many as 25 on the water at one point.

Was told lots of people did yard sales coming in but it didn’t seem that bad to me. I waited for a break of smaller waves and never had a problem coming in. Beach was packed by the time I loaded up around 2:30pm

I did catch a small tiger shark...
Last edited by Brucell on Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

I am working on a report. I'll try and have it out before the weekend with pics. :)
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Hey guys, my apologies on not having the report for this outing sooner than now but it's posted.

http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... 8&t=248018