What kind of precautions do you take with the high levels of mercury in your catch?

Longliner

What kind of precautions do you take with the high levels of mercury in your catch?

Post by Longliner »

Do you guys keep all the good eating fish through out the year regardless of the levels of mercury?
Endo

Re: What kind of precautions do you take with the high levels of mercury in your catch?

Post by Endo »

I don't eat kings, period. If I feel the need to eat mackerel I'll keep a spanish or two, but there are too many other good eating fish out there for me to bother with keeping mackerel at all.

I'll keep and eat a cobia per year maybe or if i catch any and all mahi.

The bulk of my eating fish are snapper or bay fish (redfish/flounder). I'll also make a pompano run or two in the winter in the surf and keep a bunch of those.

tastywavescoolbuzz

Re: What kind of precautions do you take with the high levels of mercury in your catch?

Post by tastywavescoolbuzz »

what endo said^. cpr only on kings. why anyone keeps kings is beyond me. they bleed mercury and gar taste better. really.
Boomy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Boomy »

Pretty much what they said. If I bring kings home they go into a fish fry for my second shift. :wink: