High Island, Saturday, 9-30-17

Yakety_Yak

High Island, Saturday, 9-30-17

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Gentlemen, a few of us are heading to HI to fish the bull reds this Saturday. Launch time will be at 7:00 am. HI is not a big beach line so here is how you will know where we will be launching at on this beach line. Once you turn on to the HI beach, head on down until you see where all the kayakers are at. You will see on the left a fairly large area where vehicles can park up away from the water. This is the only area I saw the last time I was there where if the tide is high where you can park and not have to worry about the water getting up to your vehicle while you are on the water. I don't believe a huge high tide will be an issue but just being overly cautious. Cya on Saturday for anyone that want to go.

PS: When I went earlier in the summer, the last part of HI beach all the way to the McFadden sign was very soft. It looked more for 4wd vehicles so none of us ventured down past where we parked which is what I have posted above. The spot I have provided is 2wd friendly. Anything past that I can't guarantee. Cya on Saturday! :)
bass-a-holic

Re: High Island, Saturday, 9-30-17

Post by bass-a-holic »

Fished today with my family from the beach in Crystal Beach. We caught 3 BRs (lost one) from 9a-noon. All caught past the 2nd bar on kayaked baits. I plan on joining you guys in the morning if the surk isn’t too bad. Surf wasn’t great today at CB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Volkswatson

Post by Volkswatson »

Great morning today- I'll let Yakety give full report but I was only on the water about and hour- maybe a hour and a half, and caught my first 2 bull reds!! Great fun, new friends, can't wait to do it again!
IMG_2837.JPG
IMG_6278.JPG
bass-a-holic

Post by bass-a-holic »

Nice! You’re from etx area right? I live in Tyler. We’re here fishing until Monday.

Volkswatson

Post by Volkswatson »

bass-a-holic wrote:Nice! You’re from etx area right? I live in Tyler. We’re here fishing until Monday.
Hey! Yeah! I'm a long way from the ETX freshwater!

We need to hook up when I get back!
bass-a-holic

Post by bass-a-holic »

Volkswatson wrote:
bass-a-holic wrote:Nice! You’re from etx area right? I live in Tyler. We’re here fishing until Monday.
Hey! Yeah! I'm a long way from the ETX freshwater!

We need to hook up when I get back!
Yes sir! How did the rest of the group do?

DanS

Post by DanS »

This was my first BTB trip out and after the adrenaline of going through the surf, I'm addicted! I successfully landed 3 bulls and had many short runs without successful hookups. Not only was this my first time out, this was my first time seeing a bull red up close. When my first one broke the surface, I nearly soiled myself with excitement.
During one run, the bull jumped out of the water 3 or 4 times before releasing the bait. I didn't know bulls did that, but it sure looked like a red.
I also almost caught a small shark, I think a sharp nose shark, but he cut through my line before I could tire him out fully. Looks like I need longer leaders.
Overall, it was an awesome trip. I even got my own little baptism on the way back in. Thanks again to everyone who gave recommendations and helped organized this trip.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Well done! Nice pictures. Looks like a beautiful day out there!
bigfost
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by bigfost »

YY, where is your report? Did you catch any fish?