High Island Dirty Pelican Report 9/22

Scrumptrelecent

High Island Dirty Pelican Report 9/22

Post by Scrumptrelecent »

I ended up catching my first and second bull red and two 5'-6' blacktips. All fish were caught in 17' of water. The shrimp boats were active and there was a pod of dolphins following them around. All sharks were caught under a balloon rig with mullet and reds were caught on a bottom rig with mullet.
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: High Island Dirty Pelican Report 9/22

Post by kickingback »

Well done Justin! Glad you got on top of them! Love that tail spot!!!
Volkswatson

Post by Volkswatson »

Hey, I'm staying on bolivar pen this week. I'd love to go out with someone if anybtrips planned...?
titanic2

Post by titanic2 »

Nice! what size mullet were you throwing? I went Saturday and was throwing finger mullet but I only went about 100-200 yards out and would only get hard heads.. I did have one bigger size mullet about 8 inches and that's what I caught my bull on. I was wondering if I had gone out further if the hard heads/gafftop wouldnt be as thick?
Scrumptrelecent

kickingback wrote:Well done Justin! Glad you got on top of them! Love that tail spot!!!
Thanks. I think it resembles a four leaf clover. It was my good luck charm.
Scrumptrelecent

titanic2 wrote:Nice! what size mullet were you throwing? I went Saturday and was throwing finger mullet but I only went about 100-200 yards out and would only get hard heads.. I did have one bigger size mullet about 8 inches and that's what I caught my bull on. I was wondering if I had gone out further if the hard heads/gafftop wouldnt be as thick?
I was cutting a horse mullet up into thirds and used a 14/0 circle hook (with the barb ground off). I didn't catch any gaftops though I think I had a few messing with my bait. I had some short light runs which I figured was catfish trying to steal my bait.
bing

Post by bing »

well done... i will be looking at beach conditions in the morning a little east of the hwy intersection