BTB still strong in Corpus Christi

Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

BTB still strong in Corpus Christi

Post by Prof. Salt »

After Harvey blew through we were all busy with clean-up efforts. Some of the employees at Roy's asked me to fish and shoot video to show that it's okay to come down and fish again. It seems there hasn't been much business lately with worries of being able to get bait or access the water. Beaches from the state park to PINS are in good shape (haven't been to the water in Port A yet). I found lots of Smacks, and another crew farther South found kings the same day. The stores have bait and tackle, and beaches are ready whenever folks get the itch to fish again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIVe2KcYgy4&t=18s

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIVe2KcYgy4&t=18s[/youtube]
jnd1959

Re: BTB still strong in Corpus Christi

Post by jnd1959 »

Nice catch. There are some good size Spanish in that picture. Glad you were able to get out there. Thanks for the video.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Thanks for letting us know Glen! I was looking at trying to come down next week but between the winds and the surf forecast it doesn't look too good. Will wait patiently!
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

jnd1959 wrote:Nice catch. There are some good size Spanish in that picture. Glad you were able to get out there. Thanks for the video.
It was a solid morning. Several were closing on 28 inches. I kept a few smallish ones that died due to hooks in the gills, but most were 23+.
GregO722

Post by GregO722 »

That's all I needed to hear.
Here I come...hopefully. I'm trying to book a place to stay Friday night. If all works out, I'll be fishing Saturday Morning somewhere between MP and Bob Hall. I'll start another thread if i get this nailed down, an invite to all that want to join.
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

I am planning to get out there this weekend too.

Weekend before last I went down to help clean up the house of a friend-of-a-friend in Port Aransas. I spent the night on PINS without the Hobie since the truck was full of tools and I didn't want to leave them behind at the launch. Caught a few ladyfish, one was pretty large and fun to catch. Also got two undersized reds and kept some good sized whiting which are excellent in ceviche and fish tacos. Using a gold spoon caught a tiny jack crevalle and a tiny pompano, but no keeper sizes of those guys either.

I have tentative plans to help someone out in Rockport on either Saturday or Sunday this weekend and will fish the other day.

-Chris