BWKC Part II Postponed

Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

BWKC Part II Postponed

Post by Prof. Salt »

I'm not one of the tournament officials, but as an advisor I am in the loop with their conversations. The storm coming in Friday will make the event impossible to run, so they just announced that the event is postponed. Windfinder is calling for 7 foot seas on Saturday, dropping to 6 feet by weigh-in. Rip tides will be dangerous, and the whole beach will probably still be under water. I'm sure they will post here soon, just wanted to let those who might have travel plans know as soon as possible.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: BWKC Part II Postponed

Post by kickingback »

Saw the weather forecast. Thanks Prof!
DumpTruck

Post by DumpTruck »

When's the backup date?
TennesseeYak

Re: RE: BWKC Part II Postponed

Post by TennesseeYak »

Prof. Salt wrote:I'm not one of the tournament officials, but as an advisor I am in the loop with their conversations. The storm coming in Friday will make the event impossible to run, so they just announced that the event is postponed. Windfinder is calling for 7 foot seas on Saturday, dropping to 6 feet by weigh-in. Rip tides will be dangerous, and the whole beach will probably still be under water. I'm sure they will post here soon, just wanted to let those who might have travel plans know as soon as possible.
Thanks for the note. That's going to help my sch for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

They hope to use September 2 as the backup, but it will depend on potential damages that might occur because of the storm. As soon as they have a hard date I will post it.
jnd1959

Post by jnd1959 »

Drat, I was hoping for videos of battling sharks in 7-10 swells, capt Quint (Jaws) style. If I don't see any reports over the next few days I may go into withdrawal. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk