Doable BTB or no?

Cris O.B.1

Doable BTB or no?

Post by Cris O.B.1 »

Is 11-12 mph wind with 1-2 ft of swell doable for BTB?
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Re: Doable BTB or no?

Post by Prof. Salt »

Winds of 10-11 are very workable. With surf as described, head for one of the close rigs and find out how you feel working with that much breeze. I wouldn't hesitate to launch in those conditions, but I paddle a lot.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Agreed. The wind on the water is different than on the beach and I only do 1-2.5 waves myself.
trolling dirty

Post by trolling dirty »

For me personally it would depend on the wind direction. Where I go btb around Matagorda, those conditions with an onshore wind would make a mess of the surfzone and doable but in my opinion unpleasant fishing past the surf zone. If thats an offshore wind I would go btb. The surf in made neat and predictable in that case.

Past the surfzone swells dont make much of a difference to me. What makes me bobble out there is when the wind creates a short period wind swell that crisscrosses the primary and secondary swells. Last time i went out the swell made me a little nauseated but it might have just been that i got sick cause i didnt catch fish cause once I started catching fish i started feeling better (: