Gander Mountain

Yakety_Yak

Gander Mountain

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Okay guys, I went to Gander Mountain today on Eldridge and Westheimer. This store is the first of the four stores to be closing. It's closing date is this Wednesday (June 28th). The other stores will be closing in another month. If you haven't been there yet lately, you may want to take a trip. I had been going and at first, the sales were not that great yet. Since it's the last week of this particular location being open, the deals are absolutely crazy!! I got there before all the church and lunch traffic made it in and this is what I got before the madness arrived.......

Don't pay any attention to the prices on some of these as they were knocking off the price left and right. I was going up to the register thinking it was going to be a good deal and wouldn't ya know, the price was even cheaper at the register. Things were happening so fast at the store that they couldn't keep up with the things manually. That's where the computer came in handy when ringing up things. The prices were almost cheaper all the way around.

For example, the shirts are long sleeve and they were orginally $29.99 marked down to $1.59. The Gander Mountain line which is 660 yards and 12 mono was regularly $9.99 but I got it at $1.00. All the Rooster Tail lures were averaging $0.45 each. When I saw that, I bought all of what was left of them, lol. The saltwater section was picked over really bad so I wasn't able to get much there. I can tell you this much though.... the tandem spec rig was only $0.09. :D

Get on over to that location and see if you can find anything that hasn't already picked over before it closes. OH.... I will tell you this one last thing. I did manage to buy this rod holder display a few weeks ago. Out of around 10 of them, there was only three left and I had bought one of them. This rod/reel holder holds up to 50. I have managed to put 25 on the front with no problem. I am certainly enjoying it! I bought it for half off for $62.50 from $125.00. Prior to that it was even more expensive. Be careful though, the longer you wait waiting for that great deal, someone may come in and snag it up before you can get it. Choose your buying and timing perfectly.

PS: I know most of this stuff is freshwater but a few weeks back I managed to snag up some decent deals on some saltwater stuff. If you wait till the last second, you won't find anything in the saltwater section. Get there at least three weeks before the closing on the other stores and you will find some good deals on the saltwater section. I found the Spro buck tail jigs for less than $1.00 when they were regularly priced at $8.99. Gulp was down to $1.99. I found the shallow diver Yo-Zuri 3D Crystal Minnow lures that are normally almost $20.00 but they were around $3.99. The deals are there but don't wait until the last minute. I wish you guys luck on your shopping endeavors! :)