Anyone taken a Lure 13.5 btb?

blimas85

Anyone taken a Lure 13.5 btb?

Post by blimas85 »

Hi, I'm thinking about purchasing a feel free lure 13.5. I like its features and stand up capability For Flats/ inshore but I would still like to go btb. I was wondering if anybody has used or has experience taking one out. Thought and recommendations much appreciated...
Papa33

Re: Anyone taken a Lure 13.5 btb?

Post by Papa33 »

I have the moment 12.5 and I take it BTB a couple times a year. Now I am not an expert by any means but I do make it out to the rigs at surfside and catch a few kings a year. Now with that being said it is definitely not as easy as other yaks. I have have a hard time keeping up with guys that have faster yaks when I do go to the rig. I have figured out that going when the conditions are glass is the only way to do it with the moment. I miss out on a few trips a year because conditions aren't "perfect" but I also am able to stay out longer and enjoy myself when I do go out. I was told when I bought my yak that I should buy a yak based on how I plan to fish 70% of the time. So like you I planned on spending the majority of my fishing inshore so I went with the bigger yak. I honestly don't stand up in it that much at all but it is nice to be able to stand and stretch after being on the water all day. If I had to do it all over again I would probably save a few extra coins and get a peddle yak. I plan on getting a trolling motor from island hopper later on this summer specifically for BTB. Sorry for the novel......but hope this helps.
Cityfisher

Post by Cityfisher »

I just got the 11.5 and I don't see why not. It's extremely stable and I heard the 13.5 is even more stable than the 11.5.
I only plan on going just past the breakers for bull reds and sharks though. Going to a rig that far just doesn't interest me.
If you can, check out the Feel Free Owners Group on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/feelfreelure/) and do a search for offshore and you will see a lot of folks go offshore in theirs. I have only read that it is slow and doesn't punch through the breakers as well as a Mokem. I read a lot from that group for a month before deciding to buy my 11.5.
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: On the road between Humble & Galveston - Aboard the Pequod - Just below Cpt. Ahab's knee

Post by MobyYack »

Add flotation foam or pool noodles to the inside in case of a flood

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk