A quick offshore paddle before heading to work for meetings

Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

A quick offshore paddle before heading to work for meetings

Post by Prof. Salt »

It's nice living so close to the beach. Last week I hit the water, caught a few sharks and still made my 1:00 meeting with the Dean. I was a little miffed with the behavior of the powerboat that came to visit, but some days you just don't get free reign of the place, and you've got to share.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72FrUG_PXJU&t=36s[/youtube]

I don't know why the link is acting up, but you can click this one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72FrUG_PXJU&t=36s
jnd1959

Re: A quick offshore paddle before heading to work for meetings

Post by jnd1959 »

Thanks for the video Glenn. And thanks as well, if I haven't said it already, for making videos I don't have to screen before showing them to my 13 year old.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
TKF Tommy

Post by TKF Tommy »

Prof. Salt wrote:It's nice living so close to the beach. Last week I hit the water, caught a few sharks and still made my 1:00 meeting with the Dean. I was a little miffed with the behavior of the powerboat that came to visit, but some days you just don't get free reign of the place, and you've got to share.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72FrUG_PXJU&t=36s[/youtube]

I don't know why the link is acting up, but you can click this one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72FrUG_PXJU&t=36s
Prof Salt...just wondering if you are using a rudder on all of your kayaks in the videos? I know you paddle really long distances...
TX-Matador

Post by TX-Matador »

When did you go out? I did a solo Mayan trip on Friday hoping I'd have company. Landed one Jack, lost two mystery fish on a double hook up (probably more jacks), lost a king at the boat, and then hooked into a ~6' aerial shark. Conditions were choppy at first, but settled down later in the afternoon.
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Sharks seem to be owning the ocean a little more than usual this year so far. At least you are catching though. Always fun watching ya catch the big ones! Thanks for the video, Glenn. :)
jonathanwwoodwar

Post by jonathanwwoodwar »

Sweet catchman

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

TKF Tommy wrote: Prof Salt...just wondering if you are using a rudder on all of your kayaks in the videos? I know you paddle really long distances...
Yes, both of my current kayaks have rudders and I'm really enjoying using them. I spent years paddling long distance without them, but once I got the Vikings I figured out how to use a rudder but not overuse it. When paddling quartered into or away from the wind or waves, it makes correction effortless, and that lets me paddle with less effort... which means I can go farther while feeling better. :D
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

TX-Matador wrote:When did you go out? I did a solo Mayan trip on Friday hoping I'd have company. Landed one Jack, lost two mystery fish on a double hook up (probably more jacks), lost a king at the boat, and then hooked into a ~6' aerial shark. Conditions were choppy at first, but settled down later in the afternoon.
This was Wednesday, the best opportunity to get away from work. Conditions got better in the following days, but I couldn't go then. Glad you had some good action!
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Very nice Prof! Always a good watch and learn with your videos.Looks like a good opening for a beach launch on Monday, 19 Jun. I may head down for the day.
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

I'm still sore about missing last week's window while I was out of town, so I'm watching this next week with interest too.