Why did TKF change the way it looks??

Living Waters
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: John 3:16, 1Corinthians 7:31, Proverbs 3:5-6, Matthew 4:19

Why did TKF change the way it looks??

Post by Living Waters »

I been thinking about it and didn't really wanted to say anything about it, but what was the reason TKF changed the way it looked?

IMHO The was TKF looked before was much more easy to read post and navigate. This new look makes it hard to see who is posting what, you really have to look hard to see who wrote what.

Just a question .. anyone have any idea's?
TimmyT140

Re: Why did TKF change the way it looks??

Post by TimmyT140 »

I don't know, but I like it better. Not having problems with being logged out every day, anymore.

I am having trouble seeing embedded videos now, but I can work around that until I can figure out why.
Wolfman57
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Wolfman57 »

Not a big fan of the change. But going to see if it gets better for me
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

As a moderator, most of my time was spent with SPAM on the other layout. Now only occasional spam and its easier to get rid of. It's not just the way it looks, its what was done in the background.
Living Waters
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: John 3:16, 1Corinthians 7:31, Proverbs 3:5-6, Matthew 4:19

Post by Living Waters »

Tombo wrote:As a moderator, most of my time was spent with SPAM on the other layout. Now only occasional spam and its easier to get rid of. It's not just the way it looks, its what was done in the background.
Ahh those pesky spammers and hacking... now I understand. Thanks Tombo 8)
Jimbo_47
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jimbo_47 »

Still feels weird to me!..... :?
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Not nearly as great a change as the format when Tom took over.
Now if my cell phone gets replaced, I am lost for about a week.
mrkm1010
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by mrkm1010 »

Hate it, hard to follow and navigate through. Doesn't matter what's done is done.
tastywavescoolbuzz

Post by tastywavescoolbuzz »

not
TKFStubb
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by TKFStubb »

I'm happy to have this input. For a while there, I was afraid no one noticed. :(
It has been hard for all of us to get used to the changes, but it HAD to happen. We were on the verge of having the 'old look' loosing support from our Bb host. Now we will be good for at least a couple of more years...then, guess what...we will have to make changes again. I'm still learning my way around the new format, but when I do, I'll be plumb dangerous! Stay cool, learn more about it, and I think you'll like it much better. If you see something that needs to be changed, PM me and I'll research what can or cannot be done. PEACE AND LOVE!
Tom
Reef Donkey

Post by Reef Donkey »

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that way! Gonna take some getting used to for sure!
Jimbo_47
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jimbo_47 »

Don't know if it's the reason, but seems like the number of posts on all the forum topics are way down, or maybe it's just me? :(
JRB-USMC

Post by JRB-USMC »

Jimbo_47 wrote:Don't know if it's the reason, but seems like the number of posts on all the forum topics are way down, or maybe it's just me? :(
Definitely not just you. Several people I know have pretty much stopped posting on here because of the change. Maybe it will one day get easier but I look forward to the next update as this ones not too good in my opinion.
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

Tombo wrote:As a moderator, most of my time was spent with SPAM on the other layout. Now only occasional spam and its easier to get rid of. It's not just the way it looks, its what was done in the background.
As a user, my biggest problem with new forum is the fact that it doesn't remember my 'position' in the thread. There is no "open thread at first message I haven't seen" button. You go to "Forum/New Posts", scroll through all threads picking ones that interest you and then when you open thread -- you have to scroll around trying to remember where you stopped last time
reelmn

Post by reelmn »

I think in this case change is not good. I used to read this just about nightly but after the change
I rarely look at it. It is definitely not user friendly. I hope sometime in the future it will change to
where it is easier to read. I think it is spread out over the computer screen making it difficult. I zoom
in to 75% then it is too small!