TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

jnd1959 wrote:Put us down for 2 on the 25th.

James and son Daniel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Gotcha added. Just fyi.... the actual date is July 23rd. I think I put the 25th originally when I was writing and canceling the original outing but I was on the beach line and was trying to remember the date off the top of my head.

New details have been posted on my original thread at the top of page 1. Check it out. :)
Living Waters wrote:Its hard to plan a friendly fishing event on a "set date", no one knows what the weather will be like unless you are in that three day window. For me personally I just go by the weather, I only attend "events" if they fall in that three day weather window when that time comes. I just hope that the BWKC will fall in that three day window. Good luck on the next date. 8)

There are 2 events and ample backup dates this year. Hopefully we wont have a repeat of last year lmao! July1 and August 26 are the dates. Check in is the day before each event. Make-up is the weekend after each original date.

BWKC 1 and 2 are a GO! Image

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
SAHunter1983 wrote:
Living Waters wrote:Its hard to plan a friendly fishing event on a "set date", no one knows what the weather will be like unless you are in that three day window. For me personally I just go by the weather, I only attend "events" if they fall in that three day weather window when that time comes. I just hope that the BWKC will fall in that three day window. Good luck on the next date. 8)

There are 2 events and ample backup dates this year. Hopefully we wont have a repeat of last year lmao! July1 and August 26 are the dates. Check in is the day before each event. Make-up is the weekend after each original date.

BWKC 1 and 2 are a GO! Image

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I'm signed up for both. Bring on the kings!! :)
Scrumptrelecent wrote:
Yakety_Yak wrote:
Scrumptrelecent wrote:Now that the date has pushed you can count me in!

Gotcha added. Good to hear you are back.

Ty and Theresa w/ 30 miles out are doing a campout that same weekend in Pcola. I'm going to have to sit this one out now to partake in the emerald coast for the weekend.

Gotcha. Keep tabs in case conditions/weather are not good this date and we have to reschedule again. It should be good hopefully. The deeper into the summer we go, the conditions in the Gulf usually settle down even more. Thanks for the heads up, Scrumptrelecent.
fisherman1968 wrote:I've never done this before and want to try it, could I go with the group?

Sure thing. I've added you to the list. Welcome aboard. :)

PS: For everyone.... be looking in the opening post of this thread at the top of the page before all the stuff I wrote. There will be updates for the upcoming trip. I'm concerned as the conditions are not looking all that great and neither is the weather. It's too early to make a call on things yet but I will be keeping an eye out on things.
Yakety_Yak wrote:PS: For everyone.... be looking in the opening post of this thread at the top of the page before all the stuff I wrote. There will be updates for the upcoming trip. I'm concerned as the conditions are not looking all that great and neither is the weather. It's too early to make a call on things yet but I will be keeping an eye out on things.

Man, the wave forecast does not look good at this point. I know a lot can change with 6 days to go , but I don't like it. 2-4 ft @ 6 sec with 15-25mph winds :(
1ManCrew wrote:Can you please add me to the list? Thanks.

I've added ya to the list.

Blue Devil 7 wrote:Man, the wave forecast does not look good at this point. I know a lot can change with 6 days to go , but I don't like it. 2-4 ft @ 6 sec with 15-25mph winds :(

I agree. I simply don't want to make an assumption that things will be bad and then they are not as it gets closer. This is why I am waiting until Thursday/Friday to make a final decision.

If you only use the kayak once a month or longer, […]

Sorry I forgot the price! But it's on there now an[…]

Surfside area fishing

.... I haven't fished the jetties much, and I loo[…]

Parker's cut, as well as the bay to the west of it[…]