The Boilers in Surfside???

yakinthebox

The Boilers in Surfside???

Post by yakinthebox »

I've been searching the web like crazy all day trying to pin down where exactly "The Boilers" are. Then it dawned on me, "the guys on TKF BTB section would know".

So, does anyone on here know exactly where The Boilers are? I've even tried looking on Google Earth at the historical maps and found some really nice images when the surf was flat and clean. Still can't locate it though. I did find on Google Earth where "The Car Bodies" are by the house with the bulkhead. I plan to fish that area at some point.

Please tell me someone on here has a clue... I know some of you old salts have been out there for a long time and probably saw The Boilers when they were still visible. I REALLY want to fish this area. Please help me out!

~Yakinthebox
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: The Boilers in Surfside???

Post by karstopo »

I can't give you the exact location because I can't remember exactly where they were. My dad used to fish the boilers and I remember seeing them when I was a child back in the 1960's . They were just up the beach towards San Luis Pass from where the Cell tower is by Christmas bay. In that stretch between the Peregrine condo complex and the Cell tower, but closer to the Cell tower is how I remember it.

Seems like I saw them on one of the google Earth images from the 1940's, but it was very faint.
yakinthebox

Post by yakinthebox »

I believe I've located the site!!!!

If you look on Google Earth at the year of 1995, south of the Peregrine Condos but N of the Radio tower, I believe it sits there. I measured what I thought was it and got 130 something feet. If I read correctly, she was 200ish feet. So it could be her. I also measured the distance from the beach. It measured approximately 230 Yards! Which is exactly what Ray Crawford's book says.

I am definitely going to give it a try in the future!!!

Thanks for the help!

~Yakinthebox
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: RE: Re: The Boilers in Surfside???

Post by karstopo »

yakinthebox wrote:I believe I've located the site!!!!

If you look on Google Earth at the year of 1995, south of the Peregrine Condos but N of the Radio tower, I believe it sits there. I measured what I thought was it and got 130 something feet. If I read correctly, she was 200ish feet. So it could be her. I also measured the distance from the beach. It measured approximately 230 Yards! Which is exactly what Ray Crawford's book says.

I am definitely going to give it a try in the future!!!

Thanks for the help!

~Yakinthebox
6p6oms.jpg
Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
mnfisher

Post by mnfisher »

What would you catch there?