BWKC accommodations?

Boxermaniac98

BWKC accommodations?

Post by Boxermaniac98 »

My plan is to make the trip down from Conroe, I have called a couple of places that will not allow me to reserve a room this far out. Not being from this area I don't know what is good and acceptable. What is everyone else doing?

I am looking for cheap (sleep & shower) for friday night June 30 and leaving Sunday morning July 02. I should only have my F150 and 1 PA14 in the back. would preffer to be able to park in front of where I lay my head.
el_pescador_eric

Re: BWKC accommodations?

Post by el_pescador_eric »

I'd recommend you try airbnb.com
We were trying to get discounted hotel rooms for BWKC anglers, but since its July 4th weekend, no one really wanted to work with us. That being said, book soon.
Fishtolive

Post by Fishtolive »

I remembered someone mentioned about a camp site at PA that they provide tent and everything. Also, they allow to park your vehicle and kayak right outside the tent.
I Have not stayed there yet but definitely try next time.
In the past, we stayed at a motel 6 on CC side before the JFK bridge.
It was ok but you must lock down all of your equipment.
I also saw lots of anglers camp at BHP in their tent during BWKC and used the public bathroom/shower but I heard it was noisy and hot since you are close to the beach. So take your earplugs along.
Good luck
Last edited by Fishtolive on Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

You want cheap, stay on the beach at the Mayan Princess launch site. There have always been a couple folks camping out. Just remember to get sticker from any convenience store at Port A. Nothing like launching where you are camping.
In my opinion your gear will be a lot more secure.
Boxermaniac98

Post by Boxermaniac98 »

I did not know if you could camp on the beach or not, never being there I know some places do not allow this. I think my wife is in for this trip and wants me to get a room, nothing fancy just a place for here to have some privacy and bathe. :lol:
Boxermaniac98

Post by Boxermaniac98 »

Book at Montery Motel thanks to all for your information, look forward to seeing you there.
SAHunter1983
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by SAHunter1983 »

You can camp on the beach with the 12 dollar beach pass. They have showers near Bob Hall Pier.

Other options include Mustang Island State Park Camping & RV sites or Padre Island National Seashore.

There are also numerous rentals on VRBO.com or Homeaway.com.

Finally there are a few resorts that should be booking up soon.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk