A step forward after one back...

fishinmachine

A step forward after one back...

Post by fishinmachine »

Well, we lost the Spinnaker rig a couple of weeks ago, but yesterday added the 155 foot Kinta S to the Nearshore Reef Program's MU-775 site. Only 8 miles off the Mustang Island beach...Prof. Salt has probably already snagged a kingfish leader on the wheelhouse.

http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... 4#p2083244" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Re: A step forward after one back...

Post by Prof. Salt »

No, he's still bogged down in his new job, but next summer I hope to pay it a visit! I am hearing some encrypted chatter about an experimental Raptor with "pivoting foot rests"... I hope that becomes reality - it would make the new reef feel a lot closer.
DumpTruck

Post by DumpTruck »

Ha! "Pivoting foot rests." That made me laugh out loud a bit. Interesting too...
pdt818
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club
Location: "All the muchachas call me big pappa when i throw pesos their way"

Post by pdt818 »

Prof. Salt wrote:No, he's still bogged down in his new job, but next summer I hope to pay it a visit! I am hearing some encrypted chatter about an experimental Raptor with "pivoting foot rests"... I hope that becomes reality - it would make the new reef feel a lot closer.
Yea I saw the peddle power prototype on facebook a long while ago. Should be interesting to see another option to the peddling variety of boats.
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Glenn.... you can bet I will be all over that when it comes out. It will be nice to finally be able to peddle again instead of paddle keeping the hands free to cast while on the move. :)
Karyuu

Post by Karyuu »

Has any yakers been out there? How is the fishing? Are there tuna, AJ or sailfish out there?

9 miles of paddle on a really calm day doesn't seem too impossible.
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

9-10 miles is my typical day in marshes, but BtB is different -- I imagine if current is working against you, it could be an equivalent of 20 or more.
Boomy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: RE: Re: A step forward after one back...

Post by Boomy »

Crusader wrote:9-10 miles is my typical day in marshes, but BtB is different -- I imagine if current is working against you, it could be an equivalent of 20 or more.
That and it's a round trip...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk