mothership offshore

TKFusedtobegreat

mothership offshore

Post by TKFusedtobegreat »

Ok, so the forecast looks really amazing for Monday. I'm headed down to Mustang ISP to make a try of it. I'm looking for 1-3 guys (or gals!) who want to TOW their yaks out. It should be calm enough. If it isn't, then we'll call it off and do some bay fishing. I'm headed out Sunday afternoon and then again on Monday, so if you want to try either trip or both let me know.

I will not put a yak inside the boat. I've towed yaks three deep for hundreds of miles with to problems. You just have to get your gear out of the yak while we're underway.

I will not be bringing my yak offshore, though I will bring it down for some bay fishing. Offshore, I'm going to try some diving and spearfishing, and if that won't work then I will just stay in the boat and fish/wait for you guys.

I need $30 for gas, so split that with another guy (or three) and this is a dirt cheap ride to some rigs. I have a 50 mile range on the boat, and I'll be looking for some 60-90ft deep water. I will have a campsite at the park if you need to stay there too.

You must carry a working VHF radio in your yak for this trip. We may drop folks off in nearby places (it's up to you guys really) You obviously need a PFD too. If you can provide the tow rope for your yak that will help. I have some but space in the boat is limited.
Wolfman57
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Re: mothership offshore

Post by Wolfman57 »

This sounds really interesting but Monday I am working.
FlounderPounder15

Post by FlounderPounder15 »

If only I didn't have school..
TKFusedtobegreat

Post by TKFusedtobegreat »

Aww, let me help you.

Option 1. Cough, Cough, Cough, hack hack hack, ugh........... I feel terrible. I have a fever (fishing not temperature, but don't say that). I have vision problems (I can't see myself coming in today). I have explosive diarrhea (nobody will want you around!).

Option 2 comes right from Larry the Cable Guy. I'm sick. You don't sound sick. I'm #$%^ing my sister! Does that sound sick enough fer ya?

Option 3. Well, nothing else comes to mind but don't people play hookey on days when the NWS says 1 ft seas? They never say that. They are so afraid of someone getting killed with their forecast... lol

I should be on the water by 1 tomorrow (Sunday) if you can make it for that one. Don't be shy guys!
chazbo
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by chazbo »

fourdegreesc wrote:Aww, let me help you.

Option 1. Cough, Cough, Cough, hack hack hack, ugh........... I feel terrible. I have a fever (fishing not temperature, but don't say that). I have vision problems (I can't see myself coming in today). I have explosive diarrhea (nobody will want you around!).

Option 2 comes right from Larry the Cable Guy. I'm sick. You don't sound sick. I'm #$%^ing my sister! Does that sound sick enough fer ya?

Option 3. Well, nothing else comes to mind but don't people play hookey on days when the NWS says 1 ft seas? They never say that. They are so afraid of someone getting killed with their forecast... lol

I should be on the water by 1 tomorrow (Sunday) if you can make it for that one. Don't be shy guys!

I think we should grant this guy instant "Cronie Status"....... All in favor say "Aye"....
Poolio

Post by Poolio »

Have you ever towed a PA? :mrgreen:

-Poo
dandturtle830

Post by dandturtle830 »

Poolio wrote:Have you ever towed a PA? :mrgreen:

-Poo
that is a mothership
AcousticTennis
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by AcousticTennis »

dandturtle830 wrote:
Poolio wrote:Have you ever towed a PA? :mrgreen:

-Poo
that is a mothership

Great now you can tow 3 more kayaks out there! =D
AlanC
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by AlanC »

"Aye" :clap: :clap: :clap:
fishinmachine

Post by fishinmachine »

That is one gracious and generous offer, fourD. Wish I could take you up on it, hope you find some good company. I'd be diving with you...

Oh, yeah....aye.