"Facilities" on Bolivar / Crystal Beach

Mullet Key

"Facilities" on Bolivar / Crystal Beach

Post by Mullet Key »

Not entirely BTB, but the family and I are headed to Bolivar / Crystal Beach and the wife must have a place to go "Powder her nose" when we get there and before we leave. (not the surf) Do rental offices like Swedes and ReMax let you use their bathroom?
chazbo
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: "Facilities" on Bolivar / Crystal Beach

Post by chazbo »

........I'm guessing this may be your one and only trip..............:lol:

I don't know about using someone elses facility, and there isn't much on the beach. I think there are some porta-potties at the beach entrance, but......... Gawd, those things are nasty......
Fishn4Fun

Post by Fishn4Fun »

Something like this would probably be your best bet
http://gear.camping.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=188189" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chief Brody
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Chief Brody »

The Big Store (grocery store on the corner at Crystal Beach) is open - there are bathrooms in there.
GUMB0
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by GUMB0 »

The big store or take them to get something to eat at the Tikki bar at Stingaree. Great Pizza's that can feed the family on the cheap.
seacow

Post by seacow »

Fishn4Fun wrote:Something like this would probably be your best bet
http://gear.camping.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=188189" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I need to show this to my extra rib?!
:)
Mullet Key

Post by Mullet Key »

I got one of these, I'll pull it out and dust it off. Thanks guys

http://www.biorelief.com/store/Travel-J ... -Tent.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Flatfish
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Flatfish »

The news showed the merchants rubbing their hands together anticipating the crowd for Memorial Day weekend several years ago, looking forward to the money. One said, "This is like Christmas for us." They knew that several hundred kids would show up, they had two porta potties set out and withing a few hours, both were overflowing. That was the night a girl said that she got raped. An ambulance tried to make it through the drunken crowd and a few jerks began rocking the ambulance back and forth. So what did the police do? The got on their P.A. system and demanded that the beach be cleared. These teens had been drinking all day and most planned on sleeping it off on the beach.

So where did they go? To the store parking lots. Then the news showed the merchants bitching about the trash that they left in the parking lot. This isn't their first rodeo, they know the size of the crowd and love the money. They don't, however, provide and facilities on the beach and now even charge you to drive or park on the beach.
Chief Brody
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Chief Brody »

Flatfish wrote:The news showed the merchants rubbing their hands together anticipating the crowd for Memorial Day weekend several years ago, looking forward to the money. One said, "This is like Christmas for us." They knew that several hundred kids would show up, they had two porta potties set out and withing a few hours, both were overflowing. That was the night a girl said that she got raped. An ambulance tried to make it through the drunken crowd and a few jerks began rocking the ambulance back and forth. So what did the police do? The got on their P.A. system and demanded that the beach be cleared. These teens had been drinking all day and most planned on sleeping it off on the beach.

So where did they go? To the store parking lots. Then the news showed the merchants bitching about the trash that they left in the parking lot. This isn't their first rodeo, they know the size of the crowd and love the money. They don't, however, provide and facilities on the beach and now even charge you to drive or park on the beach.
huh?

Bolivar Merchants = bad, greedy, money grubbing and unconcerned with the safety of girls on the beach?
Sheriffs Office = unable to properly control beach crowd?

guy asked if there was someplace his wife could pee not on the beach - I'm pretty sure even on holiday weekends the big store will let you in, and their bathrooms are close to the entrance - are you saying that's not true?

strange rant bro - we should both be fishing instead of this.