TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

Do you have a rant or topic that is not fishing/hunting/kayak related? Post it here.
Indeed there was - we had these little flags to denote who was:
a) an oldtimer (joined before 2005);
b) a prolific poster
c) a little of both (you know who you are - although I doubt any of them read this anymore)

Lot's of folks took those flags as a personal badge of honor, so much so that they would write one and two word posts to thank, or encourage or whatever all the other people's posts just to build up their post count.

And really - if I may write a somewhat serious thing in this ridiculous excuse for a thread - it was a part of the community's identity - and I would always pause to read something written by someone with 2k or 3k or 20k posts, because it seemed likely they had something of value to add (except BR of course - his I skipped over), and I celebrated by 1k and 2k flags as a small right of passage - again - it was a part of our community's identity.

I guess we should all be grateful for the change to the site that hid that superfluous info like where the poster is from, and when they joined tkf, and especially those stupid flags. Eliminating that has streamlined this board, deleting the reason for all those little 'thanks for posting' and 'nice pics', and 'happy birthday' or whatever. Now we have all those really important things, like 'read my blog' or 'watch my yutube thing'.

so much better.

Nice seeing some of the old names on here -
yep, forgot about that.

I think this is the third time I've logged on in 2018 - used to be I'd do that every morning. Sad to me.

I look at the list of posts and see 2 replies, or 3 replies, or 0.

Maybe the business side is better - good for whoever that works for. Really - I've invested $.00 in TKF, so I'm happy for them. Or maybe the book of face site is rocking and rolling - it doesn't work for me so I ignore it.

But the online community - well it just doesn't seem quite the same. I freely acknowledge it could be me - I'm getting older - maybe it's just not for me anymore.

take it easy Cuervo - always enjoyed your edgy humor.
Chief Brody wrote:Indeed there was - we had these little flags to denote who was:
a) an oldtimer (joined before 2005);
b) a prolific poster
c) a little of both (you know who you are - although I doubt any of them read this anymore)

Lot's of folks took those flags as a personal badge of honor, so much so that they would write one and two word posts to thank, or encourage or whatever all the other people's posts just to build up their post count.

And really - if I may write a somewhat serious thing in this ridiculous excuse for a thread - it was a part of the community's identity - and I would always pause to read something written by someone with 2k or 3k or 20k posts, because it seemed likely they had something of value to add (except BR of course - his I skipped over), and I celebrated by 1k and 2k flags as a small right of passage - again - it was a part of our community's identity.

I guess we should all be grateful for the change to the site that hid that superfluous info like where the poster is from, and when they joined tkf, and especially those stupid flags. Eliminating that has streamlined this board, deleting the reason for all those little 'thanks for posting' and 'nice pics', and 'happy birthday' or whatever. Now we have all those really important things, like 'read my blog' or 'watch my yutube thing'.

so much better.

Nice seeing some of the old names on here -

A new guy starts working at the local mental asylum. After giving him some general instructions, the director tells him to ask any question he may have.

Yes, director, I have one. How do we know if a patient is cured and ready to leave the asylum?

Well, once per year, we gather some of them and ask them a question. If they answer it correctly, then they are cured and are free to go.

The director gathers three patients for a demonstration.

So, resident 121, what is six times six?

One thousand? -says the first one.

Well no, that’s another year here for you.

The director proceeds to ask the second patient the same question.

Well, the answer is February.

My God… No, no it isn’t. You are staying here one more year.

Finally, the director asks the question to the third patient.

What is six times six?

Obviously it’s 36.

The director cheers the third patient and proceeds to tell the asylum staff he is ready to leave. The new guy asks the patient before he leaves, Good job answering correctly. How did you know it?

Well, it was easy. I divided one thousand by February.
I miss all you old timers, as well as this place. Haven't posted anything or been on in forever. My last real photo post was in February. Not real fun taking all that time to make a long post full of pics from adventures for 6 people to read it. Bums me out a lot knowing what this place once was. Only about 40 away from making 4000 posts Chief Brody, so I may need to post pad a bit more to get that badge of honor. lol. Still proudly have my TKF stickers on all my vehicles. Holy crap, I think I may be considered an "old timer". Honestly do miss all you guys and all the banter, trip reports, camp posts, and all the inside info. Just seems everything has gone to social media...unfortunately. Even had to get the scoop on Bigrock from his son when he and my son went to church camp together. (hope he told you hi like I requested) Of course I can get my fill of Barnacle Bill on any day, at any time, and at any minute, on facebook. lololol. Really hope everyone is doing well. And since this is supposed to be post padding..........

Hugs and Kisses boys.... jeez, who farted?????
You know what, screw it. I'll take the time and throw out some photos. This isn't post padding, this is for the old timers by golly! This is from two weeks ago. Some background, We had to close our business after ten years, but the same day I was offered a job in an entirely different field. I took it and had a few days before I started. So I spent that time on in the yak.

On Sunday, my fishing buddy and I took along my wife for some yakkin' and....scratch that...start again....My wife and I allowed my fishing buddy to tag along for some yakkin' and fishing. :) We headed down to Lake Spence. Here's a quick recap.

The fish were very elusive, but we never gave up. It was certainly a grind. It was so much fun just getting out and enjoying a great day with my bride and my best bud. Even with all the stress going on with the crazy changes, it was nice to just chill out, bust out the paddles and fight the ever present wind, which for once, I didn't mind.

It was a tough day as far as fishing was concerned. We put a few miles on the yaks and had an amazing time.

On Monday, everyone had to work except for me since I didn't start the new job until Tuesday. Well, I sure wasn't going to sit around the house all day and waste my precious time. It's...my...precious. So me, my yak and my camera, headed down to the South Concho River to see what trouble we could cause.

This is what fishing is all about. I caught ten all together with two over five pounds.

I was blessed to have the few days I had before I started a new chapter in my life I wasn't sure I could even do. It's been a humbling experience and has taught this old dog a ton of humility. I am a photojournalist, a professional photographer, a film maker, and a graphic designer. But to be those things I have always been will take a huge geographical move which I am not willing to do right now. My son will be a senior this year and my girl will be a sophomore. I have always put family first, and always will, so my personal dreams of grandeur will always be on the back burner. So maybe I should rephrase...I am a father, a husband, a friend, and a provider. I will make this work, and will still be all the things I need to be one day. Just not today.

A big thanks for all those that made this forum a place to share their lives and a place I could come and share my life. I will always be grateful and will always be checking back in, some things just don't change. Take care fellers.

Scott
Hey Aggroman! great to hear from you! It was nice to see a report from Spence. I had written that place off long ago due to algae kills and no water.

Littlerock did tell me you said hi.

Now that we have two HEBs I'll probably never see you again. lol
Happy 4th everyone. I'm so blessed to have been born in this great country and so thankful to all those who have sacrificed so much to ensure my freedom. I wish I would have understood and appreciated it more in my younger years. Thank you to all who are serving and all that have served in our military. You are greatly underappreciated for your service to us all.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Arroyo dock fishing

WHOA! Scrambler days. My butt hurts just thinking[…]

Nice work Glenn

November Spanish anyone

If the high pressure settles in and the wind drops[…]

Fillet knives

...Apparently, he tossed the two lower fillets of[…]