24 QT crate

freespool
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

24 QT crate

Post by freespool »

No I am not beating a dead horse here. I have checked into ordering a 24qt crate from melmat.com and some of the other web places. They want $20 just in shipping to send me 2 crates. I am just asking if anyone knows of a place in the Houston area that has 24qt crates for sale or could spare one. I am looking for strong crates not the flimsy office depot type. I will picket it up, just don't see spending ~$30 each for a larger crate when I have several of the standard crates.
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Post by Mythman »

I saw some pretty good ones at Boaters World on El Camino/Nasa Rd 1, but they went out of business.

Try any West Marine or Boaters World you can find. The is a boaters World close to Pappas Sea Food that is close to Sports Authority and Hobby Lobby in the Clear Lake Area.

I believe some folks have found decent crates at Crate and Barrel in Houston.
ShotMagnet
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Westhiemer and Sam Houston TW; Channel 69 on VHF; "THE DUDE ABIDES" "NICE MARMOT&

here you are

Post by ShotMagnet »

"the container store" the one I know is in the Galeria area. if they dont have it it dosnt exist
Longhorns

Post by Longhorns »

Got mine (in color to match the yak) at The Container Store in Austin.
freespool
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by freespool »

I will be making the trip to the container store at the galleria Friday. I am also considering a fold-able crate they have. Need to check the strength of the plastic.
Fin-Addict
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Fin-Addict »

freespool wrote:I will be making the trip to the container store at the galleria Friday. I am also considering a fold-able crate they have. Need to check the strength of the plastic.

Let me know if you find them.
I too looked into melmat but the price caused me to take a U-turn and go with a standard crate.
freespool
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by freespool »

No true 24 qt crates to be found. I went to the container store and picked up a folding crate that I am going to try and work with. I am not sure how well it will hold up though. The one cool thing is I stopped by boater's world to see if they have a crate, and may have gotten a new job.
Fin-Addict
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Fin-Addict »

cool 8)
So when can you hook me up? :lol: