Old 360 light set up

JimD
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Old 360 light set up

Post by JimD »

Found some old pictures from 3 or 4 years ago.

Px for discussion and knife/ pliers mount.

The Walleyworld light with the "D" batteries is kinda bulky and heavy. There were several versions of using this small pen light for a 360 light. Mine is made from 1/2 in pvc that had the coupling reamed to just fit snug. I had also cut it into small sections to go in the bag then fit into the rod holders on the back of the seat.

I have a knife attached on one side and needle nose pliers mounted on my front seat support straps in case you ever need them. I have used them before but they are there more or less in case of a problem but it is easy to gut fish and put them in the box or use the needle nose to work on things with.

Last picture is simple old seat with some Academy rod holders attached to the seat for occasional use on my old kayak.

Note that instead of a box I hade an old cooler that snaps to my sts seat and I carry most of my gear in there except for my extras and er gear that fits in the sts back pack.

I have another small cooler with emergency gear and extras that drops in the front hatch.
Attachments
Rod holders added
Rod holders added
light mounted.  Notice pliers and knife mounted tos front seat straps.
light mounted. Notice pliers and knife mounted tos front seat straps.
IMAG0020.JPG
gyoung
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by gyoung »

Nice and compact!

Another option: http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... 741#396741

My comments on my link is this... don't buy a deer feeder battery... buy a lawn mower battery from your local automotive store (same price, stronger but slightly bigger). Logically I run my depthfinder of this battery as well. It also doubles as power for my shower rig when I camp (bilge pump/bucket rig.. long story).

Also the longer PVC pipe I use places it high over head (less mesquito's/bugs to deal with and better visability). The PVC I also use as a stakeout and push poll in some fishing conditions... (standing in yak or when I need the push poll and don't want to use the paddle).

hope this helps as well!

G
JimD
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Might

Post by JimD »

One of the things I carry is one of the solid head net or misquito head net so you can keep the misquitos away if they Get that bad whether it is day or night. Keeps them out of your face so you can concerate on fishing.

I have seen Christmas have them so bad a time or two it looks like you in the middle of a swarm of bees.