Good deals at Academy

Dux20

Good deals at Academy

Post by Dux20 »

I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up about some of the good deals you might be able to find at your local Academy stores. I picked up a Scotty mounting bar for $14.88 (fits 3 accessories) and a Humminbird Pirahna Max20 FF for $59.88. They also had the Max10 for $49.88 and the Eagle 245 DS for $99.88. There were also some GPS units and some marine accessories on sale too. I hope this helps anyone trying to rig out their kayak save a few $$$.

-dux
Last edited by Dux20 on Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gyoung
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by gyoung »

when you say mounting bar... was that the scotty triplemount rod holder?
normally that's 49.00...

pitontheprowl
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by pitontheprowl »

That is the one...anything ending in .88 is clearance, once it is gone they will not get anymore. :wink:
gyoung
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by gyoung »

I'll be thier today... rain, sleet or Ice.
I just got my depth finder and have been pricing these things!!... damn good deal!
fish0158

Post by fish0158 »

an eagle 240 for 70 dollars :?: :twisted: :?: :twisted: :!: :?: :twisted:
Dux20

Post by Dux20 »

Gyoung,

That is the same mounting bar that I got. I was saying the same thing when I saw it. Sometimes it is good to wait and be patient. I think they are clearancing a lot of stuff right now to make room for new 2007 stuff.

-dux
Gordo-wannafish

Post by Gordo-wannafish »

Dux20 wrote:Gyoung,

That is the same mounting bar that I got. I was saying the same thing when I saw it. Sometimes it is good to wait and be patient. I think they are clearancing a lot of stuff right now to make room for new 2007 stuff.

-dux

I scoured my Acedemy for this mount and they have none (No Scotty gear AT ALL actually) Any chance you could direct me to the same store you were at? I have been wanting this exact mount!
Fin-Addict
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Fin-Addict »

Hey Gordo, they have 4 of them at the Academy on Spencer/Beltway8
Good Luck
jgsatx

Post by jgsatx »

I just got back. There went fifty bucks. Thanks for the heads up.

Justin
gyoung
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by gyoung »

actually my wife was in surgery next day, kind store associate took my name. showed me on his systems all stores that had them on stock... made a few call's with no success....

and in the end special ordered it for me for the same on sales price...
I should have a phone call by tomorrow (he had 2 in transit).

Wife and I just got released from hospital so she's recovering at home!

I'm just fortunate I got some camping and fishing in last thurs. before this surgery and appeared to have scored on this bracket!

thanks guy's for the heads up!

G
Soapeddler

Post by Soapeddler »

I picked up 2 of the Scotty mounting bars for that price at the Acdemy at 281 and 1604 in S.A. They only had 2 on the shelf.

I've been to 2 Academies, Bass Pro, Sportsman's Warehouse, Sports Authority and Sun n Ski Sports looking for yaksessories. Everyone sells kayaks, but no one sells much stuff that you need to outft your boat.

The Academy at 281 and 1604 had more stuff than any of the others, but that's not saying much.

I did pick up a pair of Hodgman sock foot 3.5mm neoprene chest waders at Sports Authority for $25.00 though. Not all was wasted!
mperk

Post by mperk »

If anyone is in the Austin area the Academy at 183 and Oak Knoll had 4 of the Scotty triple mounts (only 3 now, I bought 1) $14.88
gyoung
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by gyoung »

finally got mine... stopped by the store and saw one on the shelf... dork I asked to hold it for me said he was still waiting for it to come in...
I said when it gets here... just give it too someone else, I'm buying mine today!

Now i just need to get the swivel depthfinder mount to fit my hummingbird. The quest continues!
migser31

Post by migser31 »

The Academy by me in Selma apparently isn't following the same rules as everyone else. Though I already have a triple mount and don't need another, the price was $24.88. I had read on the board that they were selling the Carlisle Magic paddle for $19.88 in Dallas. In Selma the Carlisle's weren't on sell, they had some other brand called "Caverns" or something like that for that price and the Carlisle's were $98.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
gyoung
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by gyoung »

migser31 wrote:The Academy by me in Selma apparently isn't following the same rules as everyone else. Though I already have a triple mount and don't need another, the price was $24.88. I had read on the board that they were selling the Carlisle Magic paddle for $19.88 in Dallas. In Selma the Carlisle's weren't on sell, they had some other brand called "Caverns" or something like that for that price and the Carlisle's were $98.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

that's crazy, all of this should be "plugged" into thier computer system for regionalized pricing. It is also why they can look up stock on hand and at the other store locations for the region and tell you which stores have them and which don't. they did this for me, I just wasn't willing to drive the extra 40 minutes to the other location because I had to get my wife to hospital for surgery.

Your academy should be honoring the same prices... if I were you I would talk to the store manager on why he is not "plugged" into the ".88" sales program being used by other TX regional academy stores or at a minimum won't honor the pricing. Tell him you knew the 290 houston academy had some hot deals and you passed them up to get them locally to just be disappointed... see what his response is.... ** :arrow: I would press the issue** :!:
pitontheprowl
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by pitontheprowl »

did you look at the price tag or did you go scan it? Some of the guys are lazy and just dont want to relable the stuff. :wink:
Dux20

Post by Dux20 »

Just another heads-up, if someone is looking for the triple rod mount, I saw 3 of them at the Tomball Academy for $14.88.

-dux
fishr3

Post by fishr3 »

Thanks for the heads up. I picked up a Pirahna Max 20 at the sale price you posted, a 12VDC rechargeable battery, all necessary hardware for the fused power circuit, and to top off the deal I got the separate temperature probe for 88 cents. They still had the heavy duty Carlise kayak paddles on sale for $19.88 and the triple mount for $14.88 at the Sugarland Academy.

This is a separate issue, but in the past, if Academy had a sale where all prices ending in 88 where 50% off, I always had to wait for the cashier to do a manual override of each item in order to reenter the 50% discount price. If you don't watch they most likely will not give you the 50% discount. You need to tell them to do it.
Z~MAN
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: RGV,Brownsville,Texas,Kayak: hobie revo-Let's Go Fishin..Coco.!

Post by Z~MAN »

fishr3 ...

thanx for the update...

i too have looked for the paddle but down here in south texas the price is still the same.. I might just let them know I passed up a great deal in katy to shop at my local Academy...

will let you know the outcome
pitontheprowl
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by pitontheprowl »

fishr3 wrote:This is a separate issue, but in the past, if Academy had a sale where all prices ending in 88 where 50% off, I always had to wait for the cashier to do a manual override of each item in order to reenter the 50% discount price. If you don't watch they most likely will not give you the 50% discount. You need to tell them to do it.

Must be nice to get a cashier that wants to get fired. :lol:
The fishing departments 50% off .88 endings is for lures only.
There is very fine print on the bottom of the sign. :wink:

I think once a year they did a couple days for everything in the department, but not often at all.
fishr3

Post by fishr3 »

I should have said "a sale where all lure prices ending in 88 were 50% off". I usually stock up when they have the 50% off all lures with the price ending in 88, but it's always a bit of a pain to wait for the cashier to void and re-enter the price for each lure.
Cowboy

clearance

Post by Cowboy »

Just thought I would let you guys know that the Academy here in Corpus still has several scotty triple mounts. I have been looking at them for weeks now and finally convinced myself that I needed one. There are several left for the price of 14.88. They also had one Eagle 245 DS for 99.88....however I did not convince myself to pick that one up. Since we are on the subject of deals....ran across some berkly lip grips at Wal-Mart that were on clearance for around 17 dollars versus the original price of 30 something.....just another heads up.

Cowboy
Sackett

Post by Sackett »

I posted this in the wrong thread apparently yesterday. I bought one of the Scotty Triple Mount bars at the Academy in Houston on Hwy 59/Kirby and they had two left when I left! They also had some of the Berkley Powerbait swimmin' shad on clearance for 1.88 that I picked up.
GWUnited2

Post by GWUnited2 »

The Corpus Christi store only has one left now (I bought one for my dad and I). The one that is left does not have the mounting hardware or brackets though. Good thing I checked the boxes before I paid.

Massey
FishingSETX
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by FishingSETX »

Just got my triple mount from academy in beaumont (14.88). as far as I could tell it was the last one!!! now I need to find a bracket for my GPS and a bracket for my FF any ideas?