X

medlin88

X

Post by medlin88 »

How many people have the X-Factor? What kind of anchor system do you use?
Electric Water Boy
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club
Location: In the woods using billion dollar government satellites to hunt $2 pieces of Tupperware

Post by Electric Water Boy »

Don't have a XFactor, but I do have an eXtreme. I use a 5-hole brick. If I need more I add a second brick. Someday I'll upgrade to a Bruce anchor.
FIREMAN

Post by FIREMAN »

I have a X and I use a folding anchor rigged to a trolly system.
Cyber Yak
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Cyber Yak »

Electric Water Boy wrote:Don't have a XFactor, but I do have an eXtreme. I use a 5-hole brick. If I need more I add a second brick. Someday I'll upgrade to a Bruce anchor.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I use the claw anchor . . . got it from FTU.
I have a pulley system on the left side of the yak to attach it.

:D :D :D
Skinnyfeet
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Skinnyfeet »

I have a Bruce anchor ........ holds like a champ, even in high winds. I clip it to one of 4 padeyes, depending on current, wind, etc.
CavassoCruiser

Post by CavassoCruiser »

The patent has expired on the Bruce anchor, so the copies are known as Claws. The 1-kg version (2.2 lbs) is ample MOST of the time - pretty much always in the bay. I have mine rigged to 30' of Tractor Supply 1/4" nylon line and have never found it wanting. Check Capt Jack's posts on rigging an anchor, tho...they're really helpful. Oh, and I have a Pro Explorer, similar hull design but almost 2' shorter. Good luck!
medlin88

Post by medlin88 »

thanks guys I'm just not sure if I should use pulleys or trolly system? I will be mainly staying in the bays. Can anyone tell me any pros or cons to each system?
harv418
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by harv418 »

I use two loops. One on the right one on the left. It provides plenty of options. At one point I have anchored just about everywhere on my yak.

It really helps with fan casting when your searching for the fish.
medlin88

Post by medlin88 »

what do you mean by two loops. I'm not really visualizing it? Could you explain a little more it would be very helpful.
NITRO FISH

Post by NITRO FISH »

medlin88,

I have an X-Factor and this setup has worked well for me in the bay and deeper water. I use a trolley system with harken pulleys on the front (right side) and back (right side) of kayak. Once I have decided if I'm fishing into the current or with the current I tie the anchor line to a clam cleat (right side). I then run the achor line, with float attached, through the spring loaded caribiner which makes it easy to detach and fight the bigger fish. Hope this helps!!
Attachments
Caribiner.JPG
Clam Cleat.JPG
Rear Pulley.JPG
medlin88

Post by medlin88 »

Thanks Nitro. Nice rig I think that something like that would work very well for me also.