My new Ride 135 is in

Red River

My new Ride 135 is in

Post by Red River »

Just got e-mail from Aris at Mariner Sails that my new sand color Ride is in, will pick up on Tuesday. :D
riverrat88

Post by riverrat88 »

:D Great, got mine last weekend from FTU. It will be awhile before I get to take it out on the water. Like to know how it go for you and you got any idea on rigging it up. :D
Red River

Post by Red River »

Just got back form first paddle, was great! A little water in the foot well part of the time, I weigh in at 250 but not enough to get wet. Very little got in the back well but was not loaded. I am very well satisified with the handling and is much more comfortable than my old FnD with the molded in foot wells.

I do not like the idea of wearing waders while kayaking so when I found Water blocker socks from Sealskinz at KFS I bought them and they worked great toady in shallow water and I did not get wet, had a pair of Stearns Ripstop Nylon lined pants from Wallyworld and was very dry. I feel like if my feet are dry I can stay warm.
max brown
fish1onthefly

Post by fish1onthefly »

This is one model I am looking at too. How is the stability?
fish1onthefly

Post by fish1onthefly »

This is one model I am looking at too. How is the stability?
Red River

Post by Red River »

It seems very stable, I can only compare it to a Cobra F&D that I had. I have put a Lowrance 320C and a Scotty three mount bar on it but the ice has prevented me from getting on the water.