Bent Boat

KW

Bent Boat

Post by KW »

I just found a 2 hole prism for sale but, it is bent.

Any ideas out there on how to unbend a bent boat? A 2 hole Prism that has been hung by the T handles for an undetermined period of time w/out any support in the middle. The bottom of the bow is approximately 4-5" off the ground and the stern only an inch or so when the boat is placed on the ground.

How bad would this compromise the boats handling characteristics, strength, and integrity or would it?

Any ideas or input? Pricing ideas or stay away from it?

Thanks,
Kenny
JimD
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Depends

Post by JimD »

Put the question to CaptJack.

Out in hot weather might cause it to spring back but ask Jack. He was the resident expert when I first showed on board a long time ago. There were some tricks mentioned but it was too long ago.

I would want to get it cheap. Warped or not.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by JimD on Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wasserkonnig

Post by wasserkonnig »

If it's made out of polyethylene then yes, JimD is correct. PE has memory and the heat will take the stress out of the material and allow the yak to return to shape. Do not fret if it takes more than one day in the sun to correct but it will come around. A hair dryer will help too.
txtiger79

Post by txtiger79 »

Just a little more info, wasser is in the "plastic" business and knows his stuff, now if he will just learn how to catch fish :D