Native titan help

Bigshot9002

Native titan help

Post by Bigshot9002 »

Sorry if this is the wrong place. This is my first post ever and I’ve been lurking a while but finally got my kayak. I installed the berley pro complete steering upgrade and having the worst luck with the handle portion of the install. When I turn the handle the rudder goes to the left with ease but turning to the right it’s a complete pain about halfway through and you have to back out of it and go again maybe once or twice before it will make the complete turn. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Re: Native titan help

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

I'm not familiar with that kayak or rudder but I will offer this. Make sure the cable/tubes run straight from rudder to control handle. If they run around anything like scupper tubes, etc it will cause them to bind when under tension.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

Oh and welcome to the forum!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Bigshot9002

Post by Bigshot9002 »

Thanks! Well after stumbling across a video of a different yak I noticed the rudder cables on the handle pulley were tied north and south vs east and west. That’s why it would turn great one way and but the other way was terrible or the line would come off. It’s all under control now.

Thanks again and looking forward to being more active on here.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

if you get around to it, we'd love to see photos of you new steering, and details of the rigging.
Bigshot9002

Post by Bigshot9002 »

Will do. I got to test it out yesterday evening and wow. Boone dox rudder, berley pro handle, and berley pro complete steering upgrade. I can almost just spin in circles when I turn it all the way. Very impressed with the steering now. The factory steering handle on a titan feels terrible!