New Trident 13 transducer mount

Trit

New Trident 13 transducer mount

Post by Trit »

I just recently purchased a new Trident 13. It comes with a factory scubber hole for a transducer. I plan on getting the Humminbird Helix 5 with side imaging. How do I mount the transducer? Or what do I need to mount it. I'd appreciate anyone's help who has gone through this. Pictures would be great.

Also.. how do you run the wires to the battery pack in the hull. Are drilling holes necessary?
Kalait

Re: New Trident 13 transducer mount

Post by Kalait »

My Ocean Prowler comes with a scrubber hole transducer mount, I have chosen to go over the slide after ruined a transducer hitting concrete with my old fishfinder.
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

I have not personally seen your model kayak so can't speak specifically but if you want to use temp readings (which are really important to me) from your FF a side mount transducer arm is going to work best. There are some DYI's out there but there's also a lot of manufactures that make them. Here's a link to something similar. https://www.amazon.com/Scotty-Transduce ... 9352&psc=1

As far as wiring goes yeah you need to drill through the hull if you store your battery in the front hatch. Use this plug and keeps things neat and waterproof. https://www.amazon.com/Hobie-Thru-Hull- ... M7HG1HQ0XM

As an option if you don't want to use that plug you can get a roll of single bead roof seal tape found in the roofing section at Lowes or Home Depot and use this to seal around the cables as they pass through each hole in the hull. Or some duct seal would also work.
Trit

Post by Trit »

Great! Thanks for the suggestions. I will most likely end up just going over side.