Rails for Big game Angler 2

stratofisher

Rails for Big game Angler 2

Post by stratofisher »

Looking at installing rails for rod holders. Any recommendations on the best setup. Waiting on the kayak to ship, but trying to get some rigging on the way. How long are the install areas?
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Rails for Big game Angler 2

Post by Ron Mc »

sorry for the late reply - most of a month.
Made me look up your boat.
Those 6 mounting brackets are where you want to mount stuff, including rails. This approach is very similar to Hobie, giving you panels you can drill into or replace with other functional gear bosses.
My buddy has done a really good job on his new Outback, and wish he was here to show some examples.
I'd say take your time here, get the boat first, look those mounting panels over, then see what's out there that will swap or drill into the panels just right.
stratofisher wrote:L...Waiting on the kayak to ship, but trying to get some rigging on the way. How long are the install areas?
Seriously, I wouldn't be in a hurry to buy something until you mull over have what you have and look over as many options as you can.
stratofisher

Post by stratofisher »

Have just purchased GT175 tracks for all the mount locations. Going to use track mounting for all the accessories so I can move where wanted. Also picked up a couple of the track mounted rod holders to start off with and some tie down eyelets for the cooler. Ready for the freezing rain to stop so I can think about getting out in a week or two.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

post some photos of your rigging for us