Transducer mount?

Ken S

Transducer mount?

Post by Ken S »

I've been trying to find a transducer mount that will fit in the Perception Pescador pilot's indention? Called ACK and they had no idea of what I was talking. Looked on the Garmin site to see if they had one, but is really lacking in info.
Any help out there?
TIA
SWFinatic

Re: Transducer mount?

Post by SWFinatic »

Not sure what unit you have. Something like this should work. https://www.westmarine.com/buy/lowrance ... gJpaPD_BwE
Ken S

Post by Ken S »

Thanks SWFinatic, that is exactly what I need. Will head down to west marine and pick one up. Thanks again
Ken S

Post by Ken S »

Well,,, that didn't work.
Ken S

Post by Ken S »

Been on the phone since 11:30,, called Garmin, spent 1hr only to hear they don't have one that fits. Then,, called Perception and waited 2 hrs only for them to hang up,,, closed @ 5:00
Anyone do a garmin on a Pilot that's not thru hull or scupper hole?
Kalait

Post by Kalait »

I am going back to through the hull, but making my own equipment as my Garmin Stricker 4, I can not find the forms I need. Using floral styrofoam covered in silicon. Using Duck seal to glue the transducer down, trying to keep the hull out of the sun, and the yak in the shade while on vacation. :horse:
TexasJim

Post by TexasJim »

Ken, Kalait, and anyone else: Have you been satisfied with your Striker 4's? I need a depth sounder I can use mostly on my flats skiff, but sometimes on my kayak. I fish shallow saltwater almost exclusively. The "fishfinder" ability will be lightly used if at all. I don't picture me drawing maps where I'm fishing. Can you see the screen in bright daylight? Thanks, TexasJim
Ken S

Post by Ken S »

Wish I could answer that for you,,, but, I'm still trying to get it on the Kayak.
Kalait

Post by Kalait »

TexasJim wrote:Ken, Kalait, and anyone else: Have you been satisfied with your Striker 4's? I need a depth sounder I can use mostly on my flats skiff, but sometimes on my kayak. I fish shallow saltwater almost exclusively. The "fishfinder" ability will be lightly used if at all. I don't picture me drawing maps where I'm fishing. Can you see the screen in bright daylight? Thanks, TexasJim
I have been satisfied with the platform, however, I do not like my current over the side mount and can not easily adjust the depth of my transducer and it wants to kick back some while I paddle.
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

I'm not sure if you seen this video, but it seems pretty thorough.