Anchor Trolley Big Game 2

Mattmartin817

Anchor Trolley Big Game 2

Post by Mattmartin817 »

Wanted to see if anybody could offer some advice on installing my anchor trolley on my Big Game 2. I went and picked up the YakAttack Leverloc kit, when I went out to install it, it hit me that the sides of the hull are not completely flat toward the back of the boat (see pics). So my question is, do you think this will affect the movement of the ring on the anchor trolley? I don't want to get in a situation where the ring gets stuck back there. Would love to get some input before i start drilling. Thanks.
IMG_2486.jpg
IMG_2485.jpg
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Anchor Trolley Big Game 2

Post by Ron Mc »

All boats have compound curves, places where the trolley ring contacts lift handles, etc, and the way you deal with them is where you place the blocks, and the fairleads on the top line -
I know your kit comes with 2 fairleads - where you place those is going to be important.
Of course where you place the cheek blocks, as well.
I would get a friend to help, rig the cord loop with loose knots to the ring loop you can un-tie, the fairleads loose and sliding on the top line. Each of you holding a block in place, try it to see if friction at the hull bumps hampers the trolley.
Seee if moving the block positions can improve or hamper it. Can also vary the length of the cord loop. If you can identify the best block positions, mount the blocks - for this, should have the final knots tied to your ring so you can tension the line where you mount the blocks.
Then do something similar moving around the fairlead positions - move them around, squeeze them against the hull and run the trolley to find where it functions best before final mounting the fairleads.
I'm guessing where you're going to need the fairleads is somewhere over the wide part of those bumps in the hull.
Good luck.

here's a good knot reference - if you can tie a small bowline to the ring ends, they work great - self tighten under load, and can always come apart - also can work these knots to make the loop smaller
http://www.theensign.org/uspscompass/co ... owline.htm