West marine sale

imaoldmanyoungsalt

West marine sale

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

Early Christmas shopping anyone? Tell the wives (or husbands for you lady yakkers) which one you want!

Seriously tho, not a bad deal on some electronics.

https://www.westmarine.com/sale/fishfin ... -_-NA-_-BA

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: West marine sale

Post by Ron Mc »

wow, that's big bucks - but guessing it's a good deal.

West Marine is a reliable vendor, but po'd me when they closed All their doors in San Antonio. I liked being able to window shop for rigging ideas, and drop in for cordage, blocks and fittings.
TexasJim

Post by TexasJim »

Ron: I didn't know West closed their SA store. In 2012, I bought my kayak at Academy and drove straight to West to buy rigging Supplies. The Corpus store is pretty lame, considering it's in a seaport town. In the 70's and 80's, I had and outfitted seven sailboats, and bought most of my stuff from them. I liked them better when they were West Coast Ropes. I think they started their downhill plunge when they bought out BOAT/US' chandlery. Like you, now I mostly buy all my stuff online. The Mom & Pop's have been gone a while, and soon there won't be any Brick and Mortar stores left. It's a changed world. The only mediocre marine store I've been in lately is Terry's Seaworthy Marine in Fulton, but it's limited.
TexasJim
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

hi Jim, yes it was just last year, and they had 5 or 6 stores with one really convenient to my office.
Seems they could have kept one. There are a lot of lakes and boats here.
When you have a rough idea for rigging, it's really nice to see hardware options first hand.
The ACK store here usually has empty bins, as opposed to the San Marcos store, where you mention something, they'll run to their shop and put the part in your hand, gratis.
Sorry for the threadjack. :oops:
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

No problem Ron, I was just throwing up an online sale I got in email in case anyone was looking for a good deal on a fishfinder. Pretty good deals on fishfinders with coastal maps. Better hurry if interested tho. Sale ends today

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk