Trolling motor power

crude4u

Trolling motor power

Post by crude4u »

A few weeks ago, I read a post about how if you use the handle on a Min Koto 40 that no matter whether you are going wide open or just the bare minimum that it uses the same amount of juice out fo the battery- But, if you install a throttle control in between the battery and the motor, it will only use the amount of power needed for the power setting.
Here's my problem- I can't find the post again.
If anyone knows the post or the technology I'm talking about, I would appreciate it if you would link me up.
thanks.
Crusader

Re: Trolling motor power

Post by Crusader »

crude4u wrote:no matter whether you are going wide open or just the bare minimum that it uses the same amount of juice out fo the battery
The only way to achieve that is to spend energy excess (at lower speeds) elsewhere (friction/etc). Doesn't make a lot of sense...
OUTLAW

Post by OUTLAW »

Probably talking about PWM controller. The minn Kota max has this. Controls power like a volume control instead of “steps” like the lesser expensive motors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OUTLAW

Post by OUTLAW »

I just bought the max 40 and mounted the head on my yak. Controller is already sealed and handle fits next to my seat. ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk