Alarm for our kayaks

SWFinatic

Alarm for our kayaks

Post by SWFinatic »

Y'all heard of the ArachNet? Saw this online a while back and decided to order one. I've had a chance to try it out and it works! We have 2 kayaks on a trailer and I wanted something to help keep them from walking off during the night when we're either at a hotel or camping at an RV park. Stretch the net over the kayaks, set the alarm with the remote and that's it. I did learn if you stretch the net too tight the wind will set it off. But the next night winds were gusting around 20 and it did fine. It's a little pricey St $129 but cheap when compared to replacing 2 kayaks. I'm happy with it.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Alarm for our kayaks

Post by kickingback »

If you do a search of the forums you post in you will find many answers without having to ask... :wink:
http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... l#p2260495
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

looks like a smart product.
I've spent some time browsing pawn shops in Corpus (old firearms, and it's ranch country).
One day, the same pair of teenagers were sweeping the same pawn shops. Only they were selling rods, almost certainly from a sweep of NPI boat docks the night before.
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

kickingback wrote:If you do a search of the forums you post in you will find many answers without having to ask... :wink:
kickingback I did do a search of this product before buying it and nothing came up. Just wanted to give my 02 cents on the product.
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

Ron Mc wrote:looks like a smart product.
I've spent some time browsing pawn shops in Corpus (old firearms, and it's ranch country).
One day, the same pair of teenagers were sweeping the same pawn shops. Only they were selling rods, almost certainly from a sweep of NPI boat docks the night before.
Yes sir it will help. I also use a cable lock but this adds an extra level. I try not to hate but thieves are always an exception to that rule for me. I'm sure you're right.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

SWFinatic wrote:
kickingback wrote:If you do a search of the forums you post in you will find many answers without having to ask... :wink:
kickingback I did do a search of this product before buying it and nothing came up. Just wanted to give my 02 cents on the product.
I'm talking about a search for "alarm on kayak" in THIS forum. I remember a post that someone provided a link to an alarm that has a separate unit to keep inside with you. When the kayak has ANY movement the alarm goes off and the unit next to your bed alarms loudly to wake you up and scare the thiefs off quickly.
Search....
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

kickingback wrote:
SWFinatic wrote:
I'm talking about a search for "alarm on kayak" in THIS forum. I remember a post that someone provided a link to an alarm that has a separate unit to keep inside with you. When the kayak has ANY movement the alarm goes off and the unit next to your bed alarms loudly to wake you up and scare the thiefs off quickly.
Search....
did you even read the original post? the OP clearly stated they bought this product and were sharing their review on it, not searching for solutions.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

maybe we're losing context - there are two things being discussed - the OPs introduction of that specific product, plus stating and wondering that other solutions to the problem have been posted on the board. I think both are legitimate.
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

Cruisin_Cuda wrote:
kickingback wrote:
SWFinatic wrote:
Search....
did you even read the original post? the OP clearly stated they bought this product and were sharing their review on it, not searching for solutions.
Yep I read the entire post. Can you point out where someone in that post or on this forum talks about the ArachNet? This post was feedback on a specific product. I was thinking sharing feedback on products was part of what this forum was about? Call me crazy!
rbdavis3591

Post by rbdavis3591 »

SWFinatic wrote:Yep I read the entire post. Can you point out where someone in that post or on this forum talks about the ArachNet? This post was feedback on a specific product. I was thinking sharing feedback on products was part of what this forum was about? Call me crazy!
Ok you are crazy :lol:

Seriously though thanks for your review of a product that you have actually used and that apparently most people on this forum have not heard about. Myself if I were to travel with my kayak and overnight at hotels/motels I would use several different layers of security that have all been mentioned on various topics.
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

SWFinatic wrote:
Cruisin_Cuda wrote:
kickingback wrote:
Search....
Yep I read the entire post. Can you point out where someone in that post or on this forum talks about the ArachNet? This post was feedback on a specific product. I was thinking sharing feedback on products was part of what this forum was about? Call me crazy!
my last comment was replying to kickingback's wise guy comment, not yours :lol: you're the original poster :lol: but it was literally the first line in your post telling us about the arachnet, not that you were searching for anything!
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

TROLLS!
I was being helpful to give you ideas for alarms. I see now that ignorant people don't like people trying to help them.
Good luck from now on because I for one will never help or reply to any of you trolls any longer.
Being ignorant of the fact that someone was trying to help is not a way to go through life. I was not "wise" nor mean nor anything else but trying to help you get an alarm that others posted about.
If you try to be nice in return you will not get the label you so earned.

And for those that feel you are not trolling...read and learn and be nicer or you will be labeled....:roll:

"Trolling
Trolling – (verb), as it relates to internet, is the deliberate act, (by a Troll – noun or adjective), of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument
Trolling on-line forums as described above is actually analogous to the fishing technique of “trolling”, where colorful baits and lures are pulled behind a slow moving boat, often with multiple fishing lines, covering a large bodies of water, such as a large lake or the ocean. The trolling lures attract unsuspecting fish, intriguing them with the way they move through the water, thus enticing these foolish fish to “take the bait”. Not unlike unsuspecting internet victims, once hooked, the fish are reeled in for the catch before they realize they have been duped by the Troll/Fisherman"

:evil:
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

I always just go work on rigging
a0P8280002.JPG

hang a D-ring on my deck compass bungee, add a velcro strap, and I have an out of the way stringer keeper
a4P8280004.JPG
and while I was there, put a D-ring and velcro strap on the other side - never know when it will come in handy, and the space behind the rudder pedals is otherwise void.
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

rbdavis3591 wrote:
SWFinatic wrote:Yep I read the entire post. Can you point out where someone in that post or on this forum talks about the ArachNet? This post was feedback on a specific product. I was thinking sharing feedback on products was part of what this forum was about? Call me crazy!
Ok you are crazy :lol:

Seriously though thanks for your review of a product that you have actually used and that apparently most people on this forum have not heard about. Myself if I were to travel with my kayak and overnight at hotels/motels I would use several different layers of security that have all been mentioned on various topics.
rbdavis3591 :lol: I've been called worse! :lol: Thanks
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

Cruisin_Cuda wrote:
SWFinatic wrote:
Cruisin_Cuda wrote:
my last comment was replying to kickingback's wise guy comment, not yours :lol: you're the original poster :lol: but it was literally the first line in your post telling us about the arachnet, not that you were searching for anything!
Cruisin_Cuda My apologies.