Kayak Crate

tito82x

Kayak Crate

Post by tito82x »

I was wondering if you all have any hacks when it comes to organizing your kayak crate? After every trip mine is trashed and unorganized. I was trying to find a way to store my anchor, stringer, tools, tackle boxes etc without it looking like it exploded after every trip

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Crusader

Re: Kayak Crate

Post by Crusader »

My hack is not to use it at all. Soft cooler + wading belt (that has pliers, fish grip and few jigs with plastics). BOOM! No crap to drag around -- no problems.
:)
tito82x

Re: RE: Re: Kayak Crate

Post by tito82x »

Crusader wrote:My hack is not to use it at all. Soft cooler + wading belt (that has pliers, fish grip and few jigs with plastics). BOOM! No crap to drag around -- no problems.
:)
ImageImageImage

JohnnyUtah

Post by JohnnyUtah »

I don't know if you have rod holders on your crate, but I've found that I really like my Yak Gear holders. There are slots for pliers and holes for holding lures when you change out. For my anchor I usually leave it clipped onto the trolley and hanging off the side of the crate ready to deploy. This leaves the bulk of my crate open for a cooler and a tackle box or two. I'm more of a minimalist when it comes to bringing gear out with me, I try to only have what I think I'll use that day. Of course if I were truly a minimalist I'd have a wading setup like Crusader. I guess we all get to choose how many creature comforts are necessary for catching fish.

JohnnyUtah
tito82x

Re: RE: Re: Kayak Crate

Post by tito82x »

JohnnyUtah wrote:I don't know if you have rod holders on your crate, but I've found that I really like my Yak Gear holders. There are slots for pliers and holes for holding lures when you change out. For my anchor I usually leave it clipped onto the trolley and hanging off the side of the crate ready to deploy. This leaves the bulk of my crate open for a cooler and a tackle box or two. I'm more of a minimalist when it comes to bringing gear out with me, I try to only have what I think I'll use that day. Of course if I were truly a minimalist I'd have a wading setup like Crusader. I guess we all get to choose how many creature comforts are necessary for catching fish.

JohnnyUtah
Johnny, is this the one you're referring too? Perfect for my Bruce claw anchor as well.Image

JohnnyUtah

Post by JohnnyUtah »

That would be it.