J-bar saddle racks mounted to bed rack - question

StuckInTheMud

J-bar saddle racks mounted to bed rack - question

Post by StuckInTheMud »

So I've been doing the bed extender thing for a long time now, but my girlfriends dad bought me a rack from AA-Products Inc. I've got a WS Ride 135 and an older model T-160, and the Ride has some "hips" on her, so i can't lay both of the boats down flat on the rack with the way it is designed - it has a post sticking up on each end, instead of looking more like the flat top of a T that would allow me to push the boats apart and still strap them down)

Their website shows the typical J-bar saddle style holder that mounts on their rack (but of course they are out of stock). I've seen other similar saddle holders on Amazon, and even found another thread on a Toyota board showing the same rack I have with these saddle mounts up on there. That poster gave the link to the saddles they bought on amazon, but the picture on Amazon gives dimensions as being 1.5" tall where it would mount to the cross bar. Granted, this guy had actual photos showing the saddle mounted to the rack, so I guess that should be enough to trust. I measured the bar height and it seems to be a little wider than the 1.5" so I'm concerned about buying this and then having to return it.

Anyone have other experience with this style of rack (bar style) and actual J-saddles that fit on there?
IMG_6594.JPG
Attachments
IMG_6594.JPG
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: J-bar saddle racks mounted to bed rack - question

Post by Ron Mc »

StuckInTheMud wrote:...
Anyone have other experience with this style of rack (bar style) and actual J-saddles that fit on there?
IMG_6594.JPG
Late to the party, and not the rack, but have an idea for you about saddles.

I use the big foam bolsters, which have a path through them for a 1" cam-strap. route the strap through the square tubing on my bed extender
This keeps them secure with a boat sitting on top