Screen size

Tall Tex

Screen size

Post by Tall Tex »

Just picked up hobie pro angler 12 and looking to add electronics. I plan to go with lowrance unit; used them in the past on my other kayak and boat. I plan to have di,si and plotter. Wanting to know if a 5 in screen will work or if the 7 really is that much better. I just hate the cost of the 7in
TxGulfCoast

Re: Screen size

Post by TxGulfCoast »

Tall Tex wrote:Just picked up hobie pro angler 12 and looking to add electronics. I plan to go with lowrance unit; used them in the past on my other kayak and boat. I plan to have di,si and plotter. Wanting to know if a 5 in screen will work or if the 7 really is that much better. I just hate the cost of the 7in
5 will work no doubt, 7 would be a luxury. Either way you go upgrade the basemap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Depends on how close to your eyes the screen is. The closer the better for smaller screens. I have a 5" on my Helix 5 which is mounted on the side of my seat and is only 10" from my eyes. If you mount farther away I would go bigger or you will be leaning toward it to see better.
Vlad_989

Post by Vlad_989 »

I have a 4in (came with the kayak), and I wish it was bigger.
jokernino21

Post by jokernino21 »

I have a 7” unit. Comparing the 5 vs 7, I went with the 7” for my pro angler 12. It’s nice to have a larger view on the water especially when standing up and casting, that extra 2 inches makes a difference.