Kayak Storage Shed

Scrumptrelecent

Kayak Storage Shed

Post by Scrumptrelecent »

I'm moving to Houston in July and want to build a small shed on the side of my house for my outback and a paddle board. Anyone have any build plans or photos of their shed? Any lessons learned to share? I've lived in Texas the majority of my life so I know I'll need some way to allow air flow so it doesn't get too hot and warp my kayak.
crusher

Re: Kayak Storage Shed

Post by crusher »

Can't help with shed pictures, just get some shade at least and store on there sides or sides with straps I'd suspect. Maybe run a good steel cable through them for security, also.
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Best security is to keep everything out of sight. If its easy for you to access it, its easy for thieves. Might check with your home owners insurance on what is covered and how to protect yourself.
If you lived closer I could help with the construction, maybe some one else can chime in.
Another note is if this shed is attached to your home, it must meet windstorm specs or the whole home becomes uninsured!
Might look at other prefabbed structures that can be delivered on sight. Some of these structures are also windstorm approved when properly secured and designed.
Send me a PM for more details if you want.
Scrumptrelecent

Post by Scrumptrelecent »

Thanks for the replies. I'm basically looking to build something with sun coverage, not attached to my house, that I can lock my kayak/SUP up to. I may just go with a 2x4 frame, a couple of sheets of plywood and a tarp to keep it simple. I was more curious if anyone here had any creative builds that I could mimic.