Big Tuna Question

tgil

Big Tuna Question

Post by tgil »

I've been wanting a Big Tuna since they first came out, just haven't bit the bullet yet. I was wondering, of those that have or have had them, how many have used Tuna Tank for live bait and did it do well for that purpose?
I like the versatility of the yak for solo and tandem, but also like the idea of being able to put some shad in there to taunt the striper with.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
WC53

Re: Big Tuna Question

Post by WC53 »

I mainly use mine for a cooler for keeping fish. Didn't want to drill holes in it for that reason. It would be difficult for me to catch a minnow in there. Remember in Solo config it is under your seat and out in front of you in tandem. The tuna tank is a cool concept.... after that I don't know. I do like the yak
Tx_Trout_Stud

Re: Big Tuna Question

Post by Tx_Trout_Stud »

I had a Big Tuna a few years back and used the tank for a live well. It worked great for that concept, still very accessible in either solo or tandem set ups. I ended up selling it and getting a Hobie PA 12, the Big Tuna was too much to handle on even a 10mph breeze in the bay, would just ware you out trying to keep a pace going into the wind.
tgil

Re: RE: Re: Big Tuna Question

Post by tgil »

Tx_Trout_Stud wrote:I had a Big Tuna a few years back and used the tank for a live well. It worked great for that concept, still very accessible in either solo or tandem set ups. I ended up selling it and getting a Hobie PA 12, the Big Tuna was too much to handle on even a 10mph breeze in the bay, would just ware you out trying to keep a pace going into the wind.
Thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk