Weedeater Motor Anyone?

Cigarsnjeeps

Weedeater Motor Anyone?

Post by Cigarsnjeeps »

Probably been posted before, but I didn't see it so...
How about this to scoot you across the lake a little quicker?
https://www.athleteshop.com/aquaparx-1- ... wAodbS8OOA

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
TigerLandSportsman

Re: Weedeater Motor Anyone?

Post by TigerLandSportsman »

Looks interesting, but I would hate to have to register my kayak to use it.
turkeytx

Post by turkeytx »

Did a 4 mile upriver paddle a while back and thought this would be a great idea. I recently purchased one on Ebay out of the U.K. Very fast delivery. Made in China and mine was a 4 stroke. Instructions were horrible. You have to be very careful how much oil you put in and not overfill it. Visual references throw you off. Pay close attention to that. I have yet to use mine and taking my yak down to Port Aransas next weekend to give it a try. Started easy being 4 stroke and broke it in on the bench. I am wondering just how loud this thing is going to be on the water. Looks like it is going to be fun and kick butt. Has a steel prop and not plastic. I will let you know how it works out. Bought a motor mount that fits in the rear rod holders. Didn't feel like building one. The bad part - You have to register the kayak. My motor did not come with a serial number, so that means setting up an appointment, inspection with a game warden and getting a serial number assigned and registered. Only one office in the Houston area does that and it took 2 weeks for the appointment. More waiting in line at the office. Extra cost for registering and inspection of boat/motor - $100 If it means not getting puckered out at the end of a long fishing day, going to be well worth it.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

And I am sure these are made for the saltwater....hehe :mrgreen:
Good luck with the rust!