Trailer Modification help.

NTXAg
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Trailer Modification help.

Post by NTXAg »

I am looking for some trailer ideas and so I thought I would see what the best minds on TKF had to offer. I am currently hauling two Native Ultimates (12.5 and 14.5) on a modified HF 8x4 trailer with a rod box. It has worked great but the family is growing and we are taking vacations less centered on fishing and more focused on beach time. :? That means we are transitioning to using the 5x10 single axle trailer with ramp to haul the golf cart, coolers, etc. I am looking to buy/fabricate some removable racks to hold the kayaks down the side. One on each side, two on one side, I am pretty indifferent, just needs to be fairly easy as I am not a great fabricator. The golf cart is lifted so overheard racks would be very tall and not feasible. Anything ideas y'all have to offer would be greatly appreciated.
WhiteRice

Re: Trailer Modification help.

Post by WhiteRice »

I would post some pics of my recent build but I don't currently have access to my PhotoBucket.

I built a removable frame on my 4 x 6 trailer with Grade 8 hardware and 1" galvanized pipe and adjustable pipe fittings. I have mine set at 36" above the trailer wall but I could've gone up to 60" + considering this thing is rock solid. About $130 in pipe and fittings, foam insulation and some basic mods have me set up for a double kayak trailer that will hold EVERYTHING I need for the bay or beach.

I will try to get some pics up.
WhiteRice

Post by WhiteRice »

NTXAg
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by NTXAg »

I can't do it that way because once I clear the golf cart they would be twelve feet off the ground, but it does give me an idea of how to rig something that holds them on the side. Thanks for the inspiration.