Kayak Deck Pads

BeAight

Kayak Deck Pads

Post by BeAight »

I have an ascend fs12t that my dad got me a couple of years ago. I just recently started getting big into kayaking and had seen a couple of people put deck pads on their yaks. Does anyone have any ideas of what I could use for this? Also, if you have done this, what did you do?
TexasFlyaker

Re: Kayak Deck Pads

Post by TexasFlyaker »

Seadek offers precut patterns. I believe the ascend fs12t is in their lineup. Checkout their website www.seadek.com . Go to products then down to kayaks.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Kayak Deck Pads

Post by kickingback »

You can buy 1/4" or 1/8" thick foam like yoga mats or the foam pads you use to lay on floor of garage to stand on.
If you can find the templates for Seadeck you can copy and make your own by cutting the pieces from the foam mats. Or you can make you own design and cut pieces to fit. I did my FS128T with it and placed a few pieces on my Hobie n certain areas to prevent loud banging of my anchor and other heavy items. I used 3M two sided tape to secure them to deck. You can use the spray on self adhesive also but it will be a messy cleanup if you remove it. The tape was easier and I can make changes if needed.