Upgrade Opinion

LC KAYAK

Upgrade Opinion

Post by LC KAYAK »

I have a Tarpon 120 I bought back in 2004, still in good condition and I fish out of it. I'm looking for opinions on if I should should spend money to refurbish it new depth finder, seat, crate, etc, or buy a new Pelican Catch 120? The only thing I don't like about the Tarpon is the seat hard/too low and unstable at times.
Newt556

Re: Upgrade Opinion

Post by Newt556 »

Upgrade to a kayak with a lounge chair type seat !!!!! Your rear end will thank you 1000 times over for it.
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

Newt556 wrote:Upgrade to a kayak with a lounge chair type seat !!!!! Your rear end will thank you 1000 times over for it.
^^^^ THIS! Personally, I couldn't get over the Pelican "experience" but i hear the newer ones are much better than the older ones. I'm a little biased but you can find a used jackson with lounge chair seat for around the same price. models that come to mind are the coosa hd or coosa, cuda 12 or 14.
LC KAYAK

Post by LC KAYAK »

Thanks for input and I am going to put together an elevated lounge chair idea I've had for my Tarpon 120 for now. I can fish out of it a little longer, this will give me time to look at a new wilderness and Jackson. Thanks again.