Seadek

Boxermaniac98

Seadek

Post by Boxermaniac98 »

Thinking about adding Seadek to my PA 14, have seen many videos and would like to hear some feed back if anyone has any experience with this product. My thought is that it would add some safety factor to being bare foot out in the yak and some sound deadening. I guess my concerns are will it hold up and after a few years is it still in good shape.
Scrumptrelecent

Re: Seadek

Post by Scrumptrelecent »

I have seadek on my outback and wish I would have put it on a long time ago. I haven't had any issues with it and I've had it on for about a year. It cleans off easily with a water hose. I haven't had any issues with it peeling up. Installation was fairly simple once I got it all layed out.
Drifting Yak
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Drifting Yak »

It will also help with noise reduction (like keeping your paddle and other objects from banging on the deck of your yak). Amazing what a little well placed material does for noise.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Been wanting to add the same for my PA14. I'm thinking of measuring and cutting my own "deck" from some seriously nice yoga mat material I got on the cheap. Hoping it will look as nice and save me a butt load of money in the end. Even gonna try to make a top for the front hatch and have a design on it.
I installed a lot of the "garage floor foam" that I cut out for my Ascend and it really made a difference on cutting the load sounds down. Anything hard hitting the kayak resonates through the kayak into the water spooking fish. Hate it.
Cigarsnjeeps

Post by Cigarsnjeeps »

I've read alot of good posts online where people have made their own out of Eva foam like you can get at home depot or Lowe's using the foam gym flooring. Also can get it at harbor freight. Do a Google and YouTube search for things like diy kayak padding

@cigarsnjeeps on IG and Twitter
GoneFishing78

Post by GoneFishing78 »

I have it on my yak and love it. Would def do it again.
Boxermaniac98

Post by Boxermaniac98 »

Got an email from Xact Customs and it should be delivered and installed in the next couple of weeks, will post some pics when its done.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Did you get the deck in?
I sure would love to get "stencils" of the Sea Deck pieces for a Hobie PA14. I want to use them to cut my own from yoga mats I acquired recently.
I can't find them online. The best way would be to buy them and to trace them out on paper and have them for later but that defeats my purpose...lol
I have thought about ordering the deck set for my Hobie and then trace them and send them back for a refund. Have to wait and see.
Unless you can trace them and I will pay you?...
Struggle

Post by Struggle »

Would SafeFloor work? I believe it is about $10.00 cheaper per square foot.
Boxermaniac98

Post by Boxermaniac98 »

kickingback wrote:Did you get the deck in?
I sure would love to get "stencils" of the Sea Deck pieces for a Hobie PA14. I want to use them to cut my own from yoga mats I acquired recently.
I can't find them online. The best way would be to buy them and to trace them out on paper and have them for later but that defeats my purpose...lol
I have thought about ordering the deck set for my Hobie and then trace them and send them back for a refund. Have to wait and see.
Unless you can trace them and I will pay you?...
Xact Customs will be installing the Seadek Friday morning around 7 am, will take some before and after pics. I paid them to do the install as they stated they will use a primer that should make the self adhesive stick better. Also if there is any problems, it will be some thing they have to manage. I will ask the installer not to damage the paper backings and you can trace them from that. I purchased the plastic template sheeting from Seadek for 45 bucks but did not use it, still in the box. When he arrives I will ask if he will give me the time to lay the seadek on the template and trace them prior to him making the install. One other thing that Xact Customs will do is add a personal logo of you choice for $50. Not to bad for something that seperates you deck from others.
Boxermaniac98

Post by Boxermaniac98 »

Oh,, forgot to mention that I have the front hatch and the rear deck covered also.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

That is awesome! Thanks! Let me know what you need for your time and to mail the stencils to me and I will gladly pay you! Thanks again. Look forward to seeing pics of your new deck!
Boxermaniac98

Post by Boxermaniac98 »

ok guys, Xact Customs was here this morning around 6:45 and gone by 7:15 or so. I am very please with the product and service from these guys.
Attachments
Add description
Add description
Add description
Add description
Add description
Add description
Boxermaniac98

Post by Boxermaniac98 »

More pics.
Attachments
Add description
Add description
Add description
Add description
Add description
Add description
red511

Post by red511 »

Where is that company you were talking about? You don't mind me asking what was the total for kit and install?
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Looks fantastic! Now it will be "stealth" on the flats and in the marsh. It really cuts out the deck noise.
Job well done Sir!
Boxermaniac98

Post by Boxermaniac98 »

red511 wrote:Where is that company you were talking about? You don't mind me asking what was the total for kit and install?
Xact Customs Gulf Coast
(318)402-0399

this job was a custom job and total was around 750. I know that is a bit pricy but I did not have to worry about one thing, they came out took pictures for the AutoCAD milling machine. They also can do custom laser logos or routered logos. I just can't say anything bad about theses guys. They have a office in League City and one in Louisiana. They can do any yak or boat, cooler tops, just about anything.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Just noticed your front hatch...what is that piece on top of it for?
Boxermaniac98

Post by Boxermaniac98 »

kickingback wrote:Just noticed your front hatch...what is that piece on top of it for?
Sorry it is just a drop from the rear hatch area I had laying there, in the picture of just the front hatch you will see that it is not there. The also replaced the covers on the drive system I just did not take any pics. Over all I am extremely happy. The before and after, this seadek makes this a whole different yak.
red511

Post by red511 »

Looks really good man.
Boxermaniac98

Post by Boxermaniac98 »

One thing I did not think of that it has done is make it cooler, the sun does not reflect up as it use to and the seadek is cooler to the bare skin. I am very pleased, washes off with no problems.
Drifting Yak
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Drifting Yak »

That is an awesome piece of work!
pdmarty

Post by pdmarty »

I went with a two color mat for my 2015 Outback (blue with black border). Going on year three and it still looks awesome imo. Ordered from MarineMat and installed myself. Took all of maybe one hour and was a fraction of what others have paid. I recommend this company to anyone considering this mod.

http://www.marinemat.net/index.php/prod ... 80a814.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boxermaniac98

Post by Boxermaniac98 »

@ pdmarty, man that is sweet, the one thing I like the most is that it sets them apart from any others. Looking now to cover my cooler and Hobie live well.