Attaching Reg. numbers to my kayak

Retired Guy

Attaching Reg. numbers to my kayak

Post by Retired Guy »

Hi Guys, I recently purchase a Sevylor Colorado 2 man H/F Kayak off of eBay along with the Sevylor trolling motor. I will be registering the yak today and was wondering what the best way to attach the registration numbers to it might be. For those of you who aren't familiar with this boat, it is an inflatable that has a nylon cloth protective covering on it. I have a feeling that if I simply stick the numbers on it using the sticky backing on the numbers and registration that they will quickly peal off. I was considering using glue on the numbers or even first gluing a piece of clear tape to the yak and affixing the numbers to the tape but I'm not sure what the best glue to use would be. Any suggestions or other ideas would be greatly appreciated.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Attaching Reg. numbers to my kayak

Post by kickingback »

When I first add my TM to my Hobie I made 2 small thin wood boards and glued my numbers on each and attached with zip ties up front when I use my TM. I put them on when needed and take them off when I don't have the TM. Then I got lazy and just put them on my yak so I didn't have to keep pulling them out and attaching as I use the TM almost all the time now to get to better areas.
You can store the boards with your infaltable and attach as needed.
Retired Guy

Post by Retired Guy »

Thanks for the idea. I'll do just as you suggested. I got the boat titled and registered today so I'll be taking it out on Bedias Creek tomorrow.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Your welcome. Remember that also if you are using the TM you will need front navigation (red/green) lights when in operation at night. Even if you don't use the TM I found the lights make me more visible at night and it helps when navigating marsh and other dark areas at night in the yak.