Wet issues with Lowrance Elite TI

Boxermaniac98

Wet issues with Lowrance Elite TI

Post by Boxermaniac98 »

I am trying to select a fishfinder for my PA14 and have been looking at the Lowrance Elite series. I like the 7 TI however it is a bit pricey. I am just not sure the 5 TI is big enough. I like the touch screen application (I think) and the ability to Wi-Fi upgrades to software and saved data from my pc. I am very interested in the total scan for both fresh and salwater.

I did however see a YouTube video that showed while paddling and have drops of water hit the screens these units lock up and have to be rebooted. I was thinking having a screen protector installed and maybe that would prevent this issue.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these units?

My choice for the elite is the screen resolution is supposed to be much better than the hook.

All feedback you be much appreciated.
pomoxis

Re: Wet issues with Lowrance Elite TI

Post by pomoxis »

Boxer, I am preparing to install the same Ti on my PA 14 for lake fishing, been fishing out of Hobies for 16 years now, (finally gonna add a finder) your gonna love it, one thing I'm gonna try is adding the BP2601 cover / protector for the transducer, have found some good info on several Yak sites , hope you find the info your looking for, dont forget to go to Lowrance site and look up reviews........Good luck and good fishing
Pomoxis
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Wet issues with Lowrance Elite TI

Post by TroutSupport.com »

I have been using the big brother.. the HDS 9 touch. When it's wet and cold sometimes the screen doesn't read your cold @$$ fingers just right, but it will just enough. I have not had the HDS lock up due to wet screen; I know its not the Elite Ti that you are asking for, just thought I'd throw it out there. Overall i'm still happy with it. I only fish in wet or wet/cold conditions very rarely. I'd think 95% of the time you're still going to be happy with it. Maybe you can figure out some work around for the rainy days.. a clear vynyl bag or something while it's raining ??