Silverado 4 Door Roof Rack

4 Barrel Rambler

Silverado 4 Door Roof Rack

Post by 4 Barrel Rambler »

I have a set of the Thule adjustable bed racks for my truck. My problem is that I have a bed cover, so each time I want to put the racks on, I have to remove the bed cover etc. I am hoping that someone here might have some advice on putting roof racks on my Silverado, or if that is a bad idea. I think the cab is big enough to hold 2 12 foot yaks. I do not have any type of racks on my cab now, so I am not sure what the options are. I have seen plenty of roof racks, but not sure how they will attach to my cab. Any pics that you have or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark
texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Silverado 4 Door Roof Rack

Post by texnomad »

While recently trying to fit my crewcab 2014 Sierra 1500 with roof racks, I looked up the Thule racks for the crew cab. The spread front to back on the supports was only 27 inches. Check your cab set up at one of the sites and decide if you are happy with the spread.
Copperfish

Post by Copperfish »

A camper shell is the way to go and add a rack to it. Keep all your gear locked up and dry with the kayaks on top.
hipshot
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: New Caney ............... OK Trident 13, Dagger Cayman, OK Torque, Soloskiff

Post by hipshot »

Another option would be a front receiver with a T bar to support the front half, and a rack on the roof for the rear half. The T bar would be pretty inexpensive at Harbor Freight / Northern Tool. A front receiver would probably run you about $160 - $180 (plus installation, if applicable), unless you fabricate your own.